The demons are back

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by cashing_out, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cashing_out

cashing_out Well-Known Member

Well, the demons are back. They wont let me sleep. So, im back, for now. I am suffering from a faliure to thrive. I want to give in and just sleep. I havent shaved for a week, I am lathargic and everything is in slow motion. I have nothing happy to say and just want to go away. But, I guess this too shall pass huh?

2. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well again. I know this story all too well, so can sympathise. It will pass though, even though it doesn't feel like it right now, when all you want is to disappear.

I know that all you want to do is stay in bed and sleep, and I know how difficult it is, but please believe and trust me that you will feel a bit better, or at least more human, if you can drag yourself out of bed and preferably out of the house for a bit. Give yourself one task to achieve for the day. Make sure it's realistic and achieveable, so if you know you can't face leaving the house, your task might be to clean something, or sort a bit of paperwork. If you do feel up to going out, try a walk or pop to the shop for some chocolate (it releases endorfins, eat lots of it).

I know this feels like a lot, and it's much easier to just curl back up in bed, but I can almost guarantee that by the end of the day, when you know you've achieved something productive, you'll feel a tiny bit better. And you'll have more motivation to try a different task tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Mim

3. pittfall

pittfall Active Member

Tho Im dealing with my own personal demons...I am here for you. If you were here I would give you a great big hug....

I could use a hug as well...

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Shaving that beard off might be a good start. Then take it from there. How are you coping with your anger?

5. cashing_out

cashing_out Well-Known Member

Im coping with my anger as best I can. I actually want to act on it. I really do. I also know I cant. But, my crisis time of year has passed now and I should be back to normal soon. Normal for me that is. 08/31 was the last day of tragic anniversaries. The holidays dont bother me nearly as much. Thanks for everybodies help in getting me through the past month. I have shaved and have gone back to work. I paint on my smile and use my eyes to convince folks im ok........little do they know. Anyhow, I will be popping in from time to time for some advice or just to vent. I will also be trying to help other cope........

6. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hey, how are things going now? I hope you are feeling better now, and coping ok.

Mim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.