• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

The End

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
#3
Hard to hear - 30 years...!! Suffering? Although medication is useful and sometimes necessary - when you take them too long, there will be no effect any longer. Only when you stop them - it will be twice as hard. Therapy - forget, my own experience as well. 30 years means you must be quite resistant. Congrats on that. Check Ibogain. That might help - although you have to get off medication first. Means: Hospital. I can just tell you - it made miracles for me. But that's just my opinion - and it is f.... hard. But a week later you are a "new person". But needs to be done twice - not to forget (after 2 or 3 months).
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
#7
Hi
I have battled depression and suicidality for over 30 years ,tried all the therapies, I am on anti depressants 2 different ones, all I can say is I just can't anymore, sick of fighting, no quality of life just existing
Glad that you are here where you are welcome, but sad that things have been so bad for that long. This is a great spot for support, advice and comfort. I hope that you will keep posting because people here are caring.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#8
Hi
I have battled depression and suicidality for over 30 years ,tried all the therapies, I am on anti depressants 2 different ones, all I can say is I just can't anymore, sick of fighting, no quality of life just existing
It hurts to make efforts to feel better and they feel in vain. I'm sorry that you're hurting like this, but there are a lot of people here who can relate to that kind of pain. So for whatever it is worth, you're not alone in this even though it can feel like you are.
 

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
#9
My question is, what sort of quality of life would you like if you could have anything you wanted? I only ask because I often say the same, and by doing so, I miss the Lord's blessings which are already right in front of me. It's human nature to ask for 'more' than we've been given, it would seem, but it also leaves us highly unsatisfied and feeling as if there is a hole of some sort that we can't fill no matter how hard we try. My advice, therefore, is to try to notice what you already have. If you have shelter, food to eat, numerous sources of entertainment, and the ability to make your own choices, then you already have plenty, as do I.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#13
Welcome to this forum *hug
I am sorry its been so long you have suffered from depression and suicidal thoughts for over 30 years

I can definitely relate, its been about 8 years for me and even that feels like eternity. I am sorry you suffered fo long and you find a way to ease the suicidal thoughts and depression
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top