The goals thread

bobbob

SF Supporter
Please post your goals for the day/week/month and then later please post which ones you have achieved and maybe how u managed it.

Maybe like many, Im finding it pretty hard to move forward at the moment, what with feeling so much emmotional pain in the present and so wrapped up in how it all came about. But I think I need to plan and do if Im to have a future.
So Ive decided to post some of my goals here and then I might feel more motivated to both work out what they are and to achieve them. I know the goals are very modest at the moment but that is where I am now. Thanks.
Goals for week
1. email two friends who have not been in touch with for ages.
2. Exericise (even just running on spot) once a day.
3. Write a page of article every day.
4. Do something that use to really enjoy (like reading in bed) even if dont enjoy it anymore and hope that will one day enjoy again.
5. Sort out things have been putting off, like redirecting post.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Great idea for a thread Bob. This week my goals are:

1. Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day
2. Not go over 25 syns (in my diet)
3. Go into the city and see what the charity shops have to offer.
4. Explain to my therapist how bad things really are in my mind right now and see if we can come up with a solution.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Goals for the week:
  1. Actually finish the things at work that need finishing
  2. Clean the bathroom
  3. Do the laundry
  4. Fix the sink
  5. Get 7+ hours sleep per night
  6. Drink 2 litres of water a day
  7. Fix the SF homepage

bobbob

SF Supporter
My goals are:
1. Listen to hypnotherapy cd each day;
2. Finish journal article.
3. exercise every day.
4. Email friends have neglected.
5. Try to not think about how I ruined my life.
6. Think of what purpose of life is now that have lost all that was important to me.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
My goals are:
1. Listen to hypnotherapy cd each day;
2. Finish journal article.
3. exercise every day.
4. Email friends have neglected.
5. Try to not think about how I ruined my life.
6. Think of what purpose of life is now that have lost all that was important to me.
Your life is not ruined and you still have your brains (even if you can't always hear them over the noise) you are still the smart, insightful man you have always been. Don't let the noise in your head lie to you about who you are.

bobbob

SF Supporter
Your life is not ruined and you still have your brains (even if you can't always hear them over the noise) you are still the smart, insightful man you have always been. Don't let the noise in your head lie to you about who you are.
Thanks a lot Lu! Now I'm crying (in a good way)!
But seriously, thanks for your kind and helpful words.
Rupert

Frances M

Mountain Woman
Today my goal is to keep as busy as possible! I woke up at 8am, walked the dogs, made brushetta (with my home-picked garden tomatoes), made a loaf of bread, started the calzone dough and made ricotta for the calzones...honestly....my anxiety is bad today and kneading bread actually helps to calm me down! Maybe I should make a bunch more for the freezer!

Tonight my goal is to do stuff on my to do list. do some yoga gain because ive been doing very little exercise. also not heading out much.

okay goals:

blog and email and journal
head to bed early
start reading my boring book

ghostangelcake7

My weeks goals:
start my homework for next week early and finish it before the weekend!
email back the volunteer coordinator (I already attended orientation today, and it was a huge step for me to do that)
see my therapist and make more progress
keep eating mostly healthy and getting back to working out regularly.
start keeping track of all the positive qualities about me, not the bad experiences I've ever had..

bobbob

SF Supporter
Goals update
*Have listened to hypnotherapy cd every day and is helping. Getting some sleep at last. But now think that Im a chicken.
*Have almost finished 14,000 word article but its pretty rubbish. How can you write well when have seven loud noises in head, dizziness, nausea, visual snow, and severe depression. Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself.
*Havent emailed any friends yet.
*Negative thoughts are in almost complete control and cant really think beyond them.
On balance, seem to still be slipping further and further down. and dont know what I a do. Consultants do not know what is happening and have wair for nuorology to see if tuour might be culpri but seems ulikely.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Adding a goal for @bobbob :
"Remind myself that very few people could write a 14,000 word article, period, rubbish or not, and that the loud noises, visual snow and depression don't change who I am - I am still as smart and capable as I have always been and I am not going to give away my identity to this shit."

Edit: If "shit" is too coarse for your posh sensibilities it can be replaced with "piffle".

Lu's goals for the day:
  • Eat healthy food.
  • Clean the kitchen.
  • Tidy the bedroom.
  • Change the bedding.
  • Turn the computer off by 10pm.
  • Take vitamins/supplements.

Frances M

Mountain Woman
I agree that 14,000 words is pretty awesome. I tried to write a few years back and couldn't get past the first paragraph.

Today my goals are to basically do the same but try to be better. :)
And make chocolate-chocolate chip cookies!

Frances M

Mountain Woman
You make ricotta? don't you need a goat for that or something?
Also, how do you make calzone dough? is that the same as pizza dough?
Ricotta is so easy. You gradually heat up 1/2 tsp salt and 4 cups of any milk (I use cow's milk 2%) to 190 degrees F, take it off the stove and add 3 tbsp lemon juice, let it sit 10 minutes or so and drain in cheesecloth. A few hours later, you have ricotta.
And yes, I use my recipe for pizza dough for the calzone dough. It's basically the same thing, but all the recipes vary. They turned out really well!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00