the good the bad and the ugly!

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
I try to stay as active as possible, even when the big black dog has come to visit and I know its okay to not be okay.

For me my activity is a whole range of things, it can be anything from going hell to leather doing house work or just going for a walk along the beach or just taking gentle stroll around woodland. I am lucky where I live im a 5 min drive from the sea, a 5 min walk from vast woodlands and 5 mins walk from castle ruins so I kind of guess I am lucky with where I live in the UK.

People cope with depression and MH in different ways, we have our god days and we have our bad days, when I have a god day I feel active and just want to be here their and every where, i feel like I want to live and see and do things and I dont have enough time in the day to see and do it all even thou I know my surroundings are not going anywhere and I dont have to do it all in one day but the mania sets in and I just have to be active.

When I have a dark day i feel slow and feel like a sloth, and struggle, but i have the yearning that I have to be out I need to have space and thinking time so that is when I tend to go into the woodland and just get back to nature, I walk slow and think slow, my thought process slows right down to a standstill yet my legs keep going at a slow pace but they keep going and that kind of keeps me going I realise how lucky I am to be strong enough to cope with the dark days and get through the dark days.

I am lucky that I can cope and still fuction with the bad days and the good I am lucky that I can fight each day and keep going. I guess its the never quit instinct inside me knowing that tomorrow could be better and could be a good day!

the question is this, what keep you going what do you do on the good and bad days? what words of encourgement can I offer you to help you get through this!??

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I think that you (collectively, not you per se) have no choice but to keep going. Bills have to get paid so you get up, you go to work even when you don't "feel like it". When you are so stressed out you want to scream and pull out your hair. When you are so depressed you only want to pull up the blankets and cry yourself to sleep. You still know that the lights have to stay on and that you are going to have to feed yourself. It's just sheer NEED that keeps me going. No one else is going to do it. I have shit to do, people relying on me. (well, not anymore...) Get up, do your shit and whine as little as possible. (this is all in my head, of course)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00