The pain of compulsive eating and trying to stay thin

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by flowers, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Way too ofetn I feel the tremendous pain of needing to eat more. Its as if enough is never enough. And yet there is the constant fear of gaining weight. I is exhausting. I am so afraid of gaining. And yet, the pain of wanting to eat more is huge.

I limit myself to not many carbs. I dont eat sugar or many grains. I eat healtully. But this ED is so strong that it is overwhelming. I wish I was the kind of person who could do well in overeaters annynomous. But the 12 steps are too much for me to handle. This is not to my credit. And I am not proud of that. I want a community support situation. I joined NEDA. They told me to find a nutritionist and to read online success stories.

I am trying with all my might to hold on to the control over my eating. But I am not sure who is going to win. Me or it. I would love to get irl counselling. But my medicare only allows me to see a phd. They do not cover the more creative therapists. And I tend to only be able to work with the creative people. Just because of who i am.

Sorry for this sort of rant. As I said, I am not sure who is going to win. The ed or me. I am fine the weight I am. But the overwhelming drive to eat more is exhausting. Well thats it. My food rant, lol. Any suggestions for online support groups or forums would be gratefully recieved. Thanks
  2. Pertokeyo

Pertokeyo Banned Member

The feeling of needing to eat is your stomach sending messages to your brain telling you that it needs more food. It's just like your arm sending messages to your brain if the arm is damaged or under attack. Your body is trying to tell you what is happening and what you need to do.

You don't eat healthily if you don't have a little bit of everything. You need some calories and sugar to move and nutrients to help you repair and think.

Listen to the advice from a professional nutritionist and let yourself follow his/her's guidance. You deserve the best methods of eating healthy and being who you want to be.
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

thanks for the advice pertokeyo. Sugar is not necessairy for a diet. As long as there are enough carbs. Actually sugar is considered by most wise nutritionists, who really know what they are talking about, to be a food that is NOT recommended. They call it "empty calories" And recommend that people avoid it. If someone wants to eat honey or fruit, that is a whole different matter.

Do you think that alcoholics craving alcohol is their stomach sending a message to the brain saying that the person needs more alcohol? And if so, do you think the person should listen and go out and have tthose drinks? I do not think so. Are you familiar with eating disorders and food addictions?

Both my doctor and my naturopath think I am a good weight. So why would you think I should be eating sugar and needing to see a nutritionist? Just curious?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.