The Perfect World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nez

So what's your idea of "The Perfect World"?

To me it seems the only thing that keeps this world from being perfect are the people living on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

poison

A perfect world to me is one without a god...
One where everyone is the same, yet different in some way.
Where there is no discrimination or predjeduice, because we're all the same... but theres nothing boring because were all different in some way. I don't know, its hard to explain.

TG123

So what's your idea of "The Perfect World"?

To me it seems the only thing that keeps this world from being perfect are the people living on it.
I believe this world is ruled by Satan, and that is why there is so much pain and suffering and cruelty. I also believe that when Christ comes again the earth will become a Paradise and all those who have chosen to follow Him will live in it, without any more suffering or pain.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

mike25

A perfect world once existed. It's commonly known as The Garden Of Eden. If men lived in communion with God, and ignored Satan, it could be perfect again.

P

ProzacDeathWish

My concept of a perfect world is more narrowly defined.

My version of a truly beautiful world would be a planet populated only by the animals, left to themselves, to live out their lives with out being trampled upon by billions of humans who are totally absorbed with their own selfish affairs.

Imagine an entire planet whose natural landscape was not interrupted with
tons of asphalt, miles of concrete and other manifestations of civilization.

Humans may need the earth ( to exploit ), but the earth does not need humans.
Animals may interact with nature but they rarely disrupt it.

A perfect world would contain not a single human being. That is my view of perfection.

Last edited:
With or without Man, life would still feature the grotesque and suffer from at least: the others' will to live, the elements, deficiencies and want.

Last summer I was walking through a local park quite contently when all of a sudden some tiny airbourne particle painfully blinded my left eye. There was no warning, overlooked sensible precaution, nobody to blame - not even myself.

As the Buddhists say: All existance is suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erebos

The world is already perfect. Good does not exist without evil. Happiness does not exist without sadness. Stupidity doesn't exist without intelligence. Peace does not exist without war. But it's our eternal struggle to reach this illusion of perfection, an unattainable and futile goal, that makes this world perfect just as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00