The Travel Thread

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Here's a place to share your travel photos and stories. I just got back from a week long hiking smorgasbord at Shenandoah NP, VA. I was worried it was going to be shit due to my friend inviting his new gf at the last minute, but it turned out to be a good trip (she still talked way too fucking much, but that's for another thread...)

So here's a few shots I thought I'd share

IMG_20200810_190343758.jpg IMG_20200810_180135525.jpg 8675.jpeg IMG_20200813_164044854_HDR.jpg 8666.jpeg

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
I'm soooo glad you enjoyed your trip, I know you worried about the gf tagging along.
Is that a rattlesnake?????
Please don't tell me you got close enough to take that photo... *faints*blue*wacko
Yeah, it turned out to be a good time. There were a few moments where I wished heartily she had a 'mute' button...I go hiking to enjoy the beauty, solitude and silence of the wilderness, and she would (at times) just babble on..and on...and ON.....

Yes, that is a young adult timber rattlesnake (also called a canebrake rattlesnake in the coastal southeast). He was basking on a large granite outcrop and we came across him during an early evening hike. They are very common in Shenandoah NP, and have a pretty mild disposition, as far as rattlesnake species go.

Here's a pic of a much larger adult that I saw on a trip to SNP a couple of years ago.

FB_IMG_1471444275003.jpg

Here's a place to share your travel photos and stories. I just got back from a week long hiking smorgasbord at Shenandoah NP, VA. I was worried it was going to be shit due to my friend inviting his new gf at the last minute, but it turned out to be a good trip (she still talked way too fucking much, but that's for another thread...)

So here's a few shots I thought I'd share

View attachment 36527 View attachment 36528 View attachment 36529 View attachment 36530 View attachment 36531
Gorgeous photos - I love the waterfall especially

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Used to have them for pets, as a child growing up in da 80’s; which, it could be argued / viewed- (was a “simpler,” time) . Though not to be confused 🤷‍♂️ with—“a simple life!” ;D _w/paris & nikki

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00