• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Therapist

TSS

Well-Known Member
#1
My therapist stated that I do depression well. What type of comment is that especially coming from a therapist?
 
#2
I'm not sure what the therapist meant. Assuming that the therapist is actually trying to help you, my best interpretation would be that the therapist is trying to say that you're able to manage being depressed well. I think the statement could be open to other interpretations though.

Do you like this therapist in general? Would you feel comfortable asking about the meaning? Are you interpreting this in a particular way?
 

TSS

Well-Known Member
#3
I took it that he meant that I was comfortable with it and did not want to change or that I was playing a part. Anyway I was offended. After all, I drag myself out of bed every day and go to work. And that was my response to him. The depression and my other issues results in real pain that has me considering suicide. I guess I willl ask for clarification at my next appointment.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top