There was a girl...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Sleepy-the-Bat, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Sleepy-the-Bat

Sleepy-the-Bat New Member

When I was an infant, I was dropped off at my baby-sitters. Everyday I waited 9 hours for my mother to get off work and pick me up. When I began to become conscious (around 2 years old or so), I remember this girl named Annie. I loved her. She was older than all of us, but was like a princess that you'd expect to read about in a book. We'd play all the time, she'd make up games and I would play them. I was her knight and she was my princess. After a couple of years though she grew up and started school, and I did too and we really didn't have time to see each other at all. For many years. Occasionally I'd see her at my baby-sitters (who we both see as our grandmother) and that was great, but not as great as us going to the same college.

We caught up and it turned out that she was married with two kids. Her youngest was just a few months old. But one night, she was out late with friends and the children were spending the night at their aunts. Her husband, who was driving, flashed his lights at another car to remind them to turn their headlights on. They turned around and ran them off the road. Annie's husband was the only survivor of the crash. Her two children have lived without a mother for most of their lives. Her oldest child was begging to understand that he would never see his mother again.

Her oldest child had spoken to me about it (he's five, I believe. Her youngest is three) and he told me that his mother was in Heaven and he missed her. He told me that he could remember her 'a few times', I guess he has a couple of memories. But her youngest had no real idea that she even existed. It gets worse for the two boys,t heir father has recently passed away as well.

The murderer who ran them off the road is in prison now

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Welcome to SF Sleepy-the-Bat

That's really tragic & even though the murderer is now in prison that still wont bring your friend back

tc Sleepy-the-Bat

:freehug:

3. PatriciaAHunt

PatriciaAHunt Member

Hello there, that is a sad story about your friend and her family.

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I don't even know how people survive this.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Such a sad ending to a beautiful life. I hope the murderder rots in prison and is never eligible for parole. I am deeply sorry for your loss.