There's no cure for this.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by clairedelune, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

This might bore you but anyway, here's my story.

I have tried thinking about positive things for one whole week. As they say, optimism can make you get through everything. I tried. I tried so hard to be hopeful, happy and contented. Everything was getting fun and okay. Until last night, I could not sleep again. I was thinking too much. There were so many things inside my head that I just can't put them off, I can't sleep. I wake up in the day and feel a little hopeful. But when the afternoon strikes, there I go again. Tossing and turning about in my bed after trying to read a book. Right now, my only distraction is this home-based job I have. Yeah, maybe all I need is a social life. But it's impossible. I'm an introvert. It's impossible for me to have a social life. I'm doomed perhaps forever. So, I don't know. Everything just makes me unhappy. What else can I do? :'(

2. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Without wanting to sound facetious, theres some damn good drugs out there!

Im on olanzapine, a small tablet, with the power to give me life. I am still somewhat introverted but i can manage better now, i can function and live a somewhat normal life

3. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Can I buy that without a doctor's prescription? Oh please. I'm desperate. :(

4. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

No, go to your doctors though. Depression is the most common "disease" in the western world, so they wont think little of you and will only try to help. It may take time too, i was on about 5 different meds before i got on the olanzapine, every person reacts differently to different meds, they may find the right meds first time.
    Hang in there and keep your chin up, give any meds you're prescribed a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.