Theyre playing games with me. Cannot handle it anymore. Am going soon

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

I had a meeting with the head of the mental health department on Tuesday. I used a fake name to arrange it. He searched for it on his database and came up nothing, so he asked more questions which I refused to answer. Come Tuesday I had a panic attack and bailed and rang to re-arrange the appointment. His tone had totally changed. I realised he knew who I was. He got my phone number and ran it through the database. Stupid of me. When I got home I Googled his name. He came up as a speaker on an health industry forum called 'Seclusion and Restraint'. I do not know if he is for or against it but it scares the hell out of me. They still do this? For sure, he will not take my complaints seriously as I know there is a clear line between what he thinks is sane and insane. I was locked up, therefore I was restrained and thus am insane. I am insane.

With no options left of getting help I see no other way but to kill myself.

Please please please, anyone reading this, get 2nd opinions, do not be locked up and abused as I was.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  2. Samara

Samara Account Closed

I am not sure if this is me, or what is going on here, but I had a hard time understanding what actually happened in your story... I realized that it was edited by someone, and maybe that took out contexts.... but basically... you had to meet somebody, but... about what exactly?

Then ran off?

And somehow in this story you were restrained?

I am really confused... is the hospital seclusion/restraint a separate story of having to go to this meeting...?

(I am asking, because I want to be able to respond to your thread, or ... comment or something here... but I actually am unable to deduce what it is that you say went on, or what happened to be able to comment properly)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  3. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Sorry - was really upset when I wrote it.

To make a long story short, about a year ago I was 'arrested' by police for being in a suicidal state. They took me to this hospital where I was abused. I became incredibly more depressed after that visit and tried to take my life a few more times. When I have the courage I try and change things in that hospital. So far I have made it so involuntary patients get to receive an 'allied person' who helps express their needs, as well as being provided with information on their situation. When I was in both these things were denied me. As I result of me standing up for these changes, they rang my parents and doctor and fundamentally said I was insane and not to be trusted. They disclosed my suicidal impulses to people who I didnt want to know about.

Over the time since the incident I have been diagnosed with PTSD and have been unable to cope or work properly. As I mentioned I am by far worse off now then I was before. I did some anonymous poling on websites similar to this one of people that had had similar experiences to me. There are many of them.

The day I wrote this thread I had arranged a meeting with the head of mental health at that hospital with the view of confronting him directly about my situation and what caused it. As I said, I had a panic attack and so cancelled the appointment. I then Googled the guys name and found him on some creepy documents involving the restraint and seclusion of patients. I was/am surprised that that kind of treatment still existed and it made me even more nervous. Thinking he now knows who I am, and thinking back to the phone calls they made to my parents saying that I am insane (I'm not, just suffer depression) I was really scarred that if I had actually progressed with the meeting, he would have locked me up again. It sounds melodramatic but, because of the trouble I had caused his department and all I think that it is a real possibility.

Anyway - I hope thats a little clearer! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.