• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

This is not for everyone!

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
hey all,

I have come to the decision that not everyone can be saved as much as we would like to help everyone as good, kind human beings that we are, we can only help those that want to be helped, in times of crisis yes they may reach out and ask for help and that's fine we can help and give guidance but we cant save everyone as much as we would like to, some peoples problems run to deep and need intervention from a professional and we can only hope that they seek that guidance and find the support and love they require.

everyone has an issue and everyone needs help but to help people we need to empower and help people find their voice, that's what i do, i try to empower people and help people find their voice so they can get the professional help that they require. I am not a professional nor do i pretend to be, I am just someone that tries to help!

I will never invalidate someone for having mental health nor will I dismiss someone for having mental health!

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
hey all,

I have come to the decision that not everyone can be saved as much as we would like to help everyone as good, kind human beings that we are, we can only help those that want to be helped, in times of crisis yes they may reach out and ask for help and that's fine we can help and give guidance but we cant save everyone as much as we would like to, some peoples problems run to deep and need intervention from a professional and we can only hope that they seek that guidance and find the support and love they require.

everyone has an issue and everyone needs help but to help people we need to empower and help people find their voice, that's what i do, i try to empower people and help people find their voice so they can get the professional help that they require. I am not a professional nor do i pretend to be, I am just someone that tries to help!

I will never invalidate someone for having mental health nor will I dismiss someone for having mental health!
It's kind of you to make the statement. I'm just curious about why the thread is not for everyone?

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
because a lot of people think they can save everyone they come in contact with, with a mental health condition and sadly that is not the case, I am just realistic

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
because a lot of people think they can save everyone they come in contact with, with a mental health condition and sadly that is not the case, I am just realistic
That is why I often refer professional helps in my replies, though I cringe at this because I had a bad experience with therapy. I can only hope that everyone is luckier than me in finding help like that.

I know not all of us are trained in mental health, so we cannot offer any sort of advice and counseling. The best we can do is cheering and supporting each others.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00