• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

This is wrong to say

sadhart

SF Supporter
#1
But I sometimes REALLY HATE my mother. She is so irresponsible and when she is in the wrong she gets defensive. I am doing everything I can to hold my tongue right now and it pisses me off how she never owns up to her immature faults. I am already stressed out and she does not help at all. I want to fucking scream right now.
 

LumberJack

Huggy Bear 🐻 u r warned!
SF Supporter
#4
I’m sorry it’s so painful right now. I wonder if you could just tell her how her behavior affects you? That way you are just talking about how you feel, which might defuse some defensiveness on her part.

She may not be ready to hear this, so it would take some judgment as to the appropriate time for such a conversation.

This is something that sometimes works for me. If nothing else I have told the other person how they affect me, so if they continue to behave in that way, I can infer that they are not interested in a relationship with me. It also helps a little to get it out there, so that there is no misunderstanding between you.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#5
To me this is legit to say if she, or anybody else, is the way you described her. I wish things ease a bit cause she for sure aint gonna change.
No, she won't. And it makes me question why I even bother trying to better myself because it often feels so meaningless.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#6
I don't think it's wrong to say things about her that are true.

What would happen if you didn't hold your tongue and actually told her what you felt?
She will deflect, or outright lie or will cry and act like she has no idea where any frustration towards her is coming from. And if none of that works then she will pull out a half assed "well I'm not perfect."
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#7
I’m sorry it’s so painful right now. I wonder if you could just tell her how her behavior affects you? That way you are just talking about how you feel, which might defuse some defensiveness on her part.

She may not be ready to hear this, so it would take some judgment as to the appropriate time for such a conversation.

This is something that sometimes works for me. If nothing else I have told the other person how they affect me, so if they continue to behave in that way, I can infer that they are not interested in a relationship with me. It also helps a little to get it out there, so that there is no misunderstanding between you.
Nope. I have tried doing so in the past, like heartfelt letters. She either doesn't respond or just outright deflects. Change is supposed to only come on my end and never hers.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#8
I made this topic specifically about my recent frustration with my mother, but something negative or uncomfortable or whatever happened while I was out. Made the dumbass mistake of going out and trying to do something for myself. Why i keep doing this when it rarely is a positive experience I just don't know. But I went to this store and when i got to the checkout the cashier started sneezing. She was doing that earlier while I was in the store, pretty loudly actually. But she apologized saying that it was her allergies. And i said "no, I understand". But she must have thought i called her a man because she then told me that she was a ma'am. And I felt a lot like I did yesterday with my mother where i wanted to say something, in this case that i didn't call her a man, but I just didn't want to cause a scene. But it really upset me. I was aware that she was a transperson (and if that is the wrong way to say it, I'm sorry). Not only that, but SHE said hello to everyone who walked into that store except me. This happens quite a lot actually, so if anyone has a reason to feel offended, maybe it's me in this case. And I know i sound petty, but between this and my mother and this dumbass lease renewal and just how I don't feel like my life has any meaning to it, I am just really overwhelmed and highly stressed. I'm sorry for sounding so irrational right now.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top