Time skipping for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by SkullDragon, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullDragon

SkullDragon Member

Ok, I know it's an odd question, but I'm being completely serious here.

I feel that time is no longer a thing, like what feels like a minute can be a week, and what feels like a week can be a minute. and it's really really frustrating and bringing me down. Working from home probably doesn't help with this, and when I realize I'm all out of food/haven't eaten for a day it's either in the middle of the night or on a sunday (yeah I live so far out that there is nothing open on sundays, and no buses to where they are).

So I was just wondering if anybody else had that, or knew how to make it better? It's really messing up my work schedule, and I don't want to deal with angry customers :/ (I used to have to walk me dog 3 times a day, but she passed a way a couple months back, so likely that is triggering this whole thing)
  2. NickA8326

NickA8326 Active Member

Every since I started smoking marijuana this has been the case for me, time does not exist for me anymore, I can go anywhere I wish but the future, I can visualize what I predict the future may look like and be like, but it's only a prediction of course. I have not found a cure, but I have not stopped smoking marijuana until recently, and that has stated to fix this problem, now things seem very very long and drawn out that seem to last forever, but I'm sure that's the damage being reversed from the drug that I did. Sorry to tell you that I don't know how you have yours, but I figured out what mine was, and it seems to be going away or already gone. If you're taking drugs/meds, start thinking of which one it could be.

Caffeine and nicotine are still drugs,
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
  3. All the time. Have absolute no time notion. If I don't check the year each time I need to write it, even mistake that.
    from what read it's similar to denial, defense mechanism. mind couldn't handle certain event's and broke down, disconnected.
    it will maybe get better if you ever get happy and feel completely safe.
    which is impossible while alive.
  4. lol am sure she was talking about time skipping to non drug users.
    obviously drug addicts will be oblivious to everything.
  5. NickA8326

NickA8326 Active Member

Ya that's true, when people use drugs they are not themselves and often make no sense until they no longer care about and use them anymore.
  6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

agreed. time stalls and fast forwards and to remember date and year, briskly have to go over past events and stuff to remember and it can be painful
  7. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I think routine is key in all this when you are depressed your mind is not functioning within it’s “normal” capacity. One thing I learned is no matter how hard it is go to work that gives me the routine to get up, eat prepare meals etc so I have more concept of what was around me not sat there letting my mind wander to dark places. When I was at my worse off work I literally didn’t eat for days on end, and had no idea of what was happening.

Saying that you work from home so it is a little bit more tricky, you could perhaps start dairying things into a calendar say on outlook to help you cope a bit better and set up that routine? Or have daily tasks per say that you need to tick off? Plan your meals for a week, one thing I do Sunday is cook up meals for the week so I can freeze them knowing if I am to anxious or tired to go out or cook I wont go hungry.

Might be a silly idea, it is what helps me, and I hope it made sense.

Take care

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, sometimes this happens to me. Maybe it's because I hate being alive so much, that every minute seems like an eternity. I agree with writing down things you need to accomplish, so that you won't forget them. It might be easier when you have a list right in front of you.
  9. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Time skipping can be related to drugs, yes.

But it's, also, a huge symptom of psychological disorders. Depression, dissociative disorders, eating disorders... I used to have trouble processing time. During the height of my eating disorder, and my first MAJOR depressive episode, time ceased. Time was no longer a 'thing' to me. At all. And eating disorders are a bit different than depression. Having battled depression prior to th eeating disorder, I get them both. With depression, it was always more like... time seemed endless. The future seemed to be 100 years away. With the eating disorder, it was like... I woke up during recovery and lost a year. Sometimes, even now, I think it's October 2013. It's almost June, and I STILL write 2013 on things. Time feels like it just stopped in October until now. And now, it might be November in my mind.

Time is something so many people take for granted. When you are depressed or have a similar psychological disorder, you no longer take it for granted. It just... doesn't exist anymore. Likely because everything else on your mind seems far more important.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.