• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Tired of hurting

sadhart

SF Supporter
#1
Probably used this subject title other times but I don't care. Something really small, some would say comedic,brought on this painful reminder of how much living can hurt. I struggle to feel that I'm worth love and acceptance, and that is hard in itself. But it's seeing others around me be worth that is too much. I really hate life and how no matter how long I've been sober or how much I try to improve I will never be worth those two things. So what is the reason to keep trying in vain? Sorry for rambling but I've just keep finding myself feeling like shit.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#7
You're welcome to say what happened if you'd like to.

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this sooner. I just continue finding myself feeling as though I'm searching for things that I can never obtain. I have such a love/hate relationship with going out and doing things because it really sucks being around others. Not too long ago I went to a Goodwill store and listened to this man and woman talking and getting to know each other. Didn't seem like he had to try too hard and it was a reminder of how inadequate I am when it comes to socializing.
 
#8
Sorry, I forgot to respond to this sooner.
That's ok. I only meant it to be a respond-if-you-want-to question.
Didn't seem like he had to try too hard and it was a reminder of how inadequate I am when it comes to socializing.
Some people are more extroverted, some are more introverted. Certainly being extroverted makes it easier to meet people, but that doesn't mean that being introverted is bad.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#10
That's ok. I only meant it to be a respond-if-you-want-to question.

Some people are more extroverted, some are more introverted. Certainly being extroverted makes it easier to meet people, but that doesn't mean that being introverted is bad.

From my experience, people look at introverts like me with disgust and disdain. Today has been me trying to not think about so many of my past wounds, only for them to bombard me all day.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#13
You are already worth all those things.
Don’t give up, social skills can be learnt and improved on with practice. The more you get out there and put yourself in those situations the more used to it you will become and the better at handling them.
Honestly, sometimes I hate trying to socialize. I sure as hell hate seeing others do so because it just reminds me how inept i am at it. I just feel like giving up on trying to do so, you know? Like, I just feel so jaded and resentful for all the past hurts and rejections and it's like just screw all of this. I'm sorry for being so negative like this. It has been a really bad weekend.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#15
It's ok, you're allowed to express negativity here. No one is expecting folks here to be positive all the time.

I hope things can get better Sadhart
i didn't go to work today. I feel bad for not doing so but I just still didn't feel okay today. I am not even sure taking the day off really helped much. Had two separate bad dreams this morning. Know they're just dreams but they kind of bothered me of how real they felt.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#16
i didn't go to work today. I feel bad for not doing so but I just still didn't feel okay today. I am not even sure taking the day off really helped much. Had two separate bad dreams this morning. Know they're just dreams but they kind of bothered me of how real they felt.
*hug
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top