To help people on here feel better, check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

I am sorry, and I know I crashed your other thread and did a lot of harm, but this thread is NOT right!

It is NOT fair to belittle someone elses problems, each problem is justified to each person.

No one should ever say their problem is more improtant, or less improtant, or worse or better than someone elses because who can know that. No one else knows what someone else goes through on a daily basis, things like sexual abuse, physical violence, there are loads of thigns that hrut loads of people.

I know that you feel your problems are massive, and to you they are, but everyones problems are important. Please try to see that.

Sorry, I don't care if people think me a bitch, it's just the way I see it.

I am sorry, and I know I crashed your other thread and did a lot of harm, but this thread is NOT right!

It is NOT fair to belittle someone elses problems, each problem is justified to each person.

No one should ever say their problem is more improtant, or less improtant, or worse or better than someone elses because who can know that. No one else knows what someone else goes through on a daily basis, things like sexual abuse, physical violence, there are loads of thigns that hrut loads of people.

I know that you feel your problems are massive, and to you they are, but everyones problems are important. Please try to see that.

Sorry, I don't care if people think me a bitch, it's just the way I see it.
I done this to try and make people feel better.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
Unfortunately, it doesn't come across like that... more like you are saying your problems are worse than anyone else's. Anyway, what makes you think that seeing someone else in pain would make us feel better?? We're here to be supportive, not callously indifferent to the suffering of another.

Scum

Unfortunately, it doesn't come across like that... more like you are saying your problems are worse than anyone else's. Anyway, what makes you think that seeing someone else in pain would make us feel better?? We're here to be supportive, not callously indifferent to the suffering of another.
I quite agree. This forum is about helping ourselves and others through our inner pain, not about creating more, comparing it, belittling others, or anything else.

As you come to learn about the forum, hopefully you will see that

Well, when I see people in more pain it makes me feel better, I know that sounds bad. Believe me I'm not happy that they're in more pain and if I could do something to help them I would, but like I said it puts things in perspective.

Like the other night I wa swatching a prison programe and it shown a baby faced young guy who was obviously like a lamb to the slaughter (He'd be bullied and probably used as a sexual slave) it put things into perspective for me and my life didn't feel like it was that bad at all, you think, 'Well, at least I'm not there, I'm safe and cosy in my home'.

gentlelady

Staff Alumni
I am sorry to hear that other people's pain makes you feel better about yourself. Many people do not fel that way. I realize you were just stating your opinion, but the way it was written did come across as if you were trying to tell people you have it worse off than they do , so their issues are not as important as yours. Maybe had you stated it differently, you may have been understodd if that was truly not your intent. We value members opnion here, but we also try to be as supportive of each other as we can be. Everyones problems are important whether they seem large or small. What may seem trivial to one person may seem overwhelming to another. How each reacts is important. I hope you come to find understanding of what this forum is about and how best to help others as well as yourself. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00