To little to late...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Soldier83, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

Well I now have two jobs my wife is working 80 hours a week, we are outta food, outta gas, outta money, the water just got shut off. Our cat died from the poison that we put out to kill all the roaches that have come over from the house we share a wall with. My kids have nothing to eat, and I just dont know what to do anymore. It seems the harder we try to more we fail. I know that life is a ruck march, and some people have a heavier pack than others, but my knees are starting to buckle under the weight.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You have two jobs you wife has one the childrens welfare should come first there should always be food to feed them. Look at the food banks in your area and get food there hun they supply people with necessities to get them through until they are more financially stable

3. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

How is it possible to have 3 jobs in one household and have no money to feed your kids? please don't tell me it's because you have bills to pay.

4. Soldier83

Food banks only support those on welfare or food stamps. We dont qualify, we make to much.

5. Soldier83

You know what if thats going to be your answer I really should stop posting. Yes we have bills to pay our jobs are half an hour to each job. Day care for me to work is half my paycheck. Were having to pay rent on a property that we don't rent anymore because the contract says that we are to pay until July. So yes were running out of money. My kids are eating I made sure of that, thank you very much. Maybe i should go rob the convenience store on the corner. Being the nice guy isn't working out. Perhaps being like every two timing scumbag lowlife I've ever met, been beat up by, been mugged by, or been stolen from really is the way to go!!!!!

6. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

Hang in there dude. Those guys who do that stuff get their's too eventually, one way or another. I'm sure things will start to look up eventually if you keep at it.

7. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

Sorry didn't mean to offend you, I was curious, I think you slightly overreacted towards it though. I thought you knew that feeding yourself and your family come before paying bills. If you and your wife are working that much and still have nothing at the end of it, then perhaps a career change it needed or just go on welfare, sounds like it would be more beneficial for you.

8. total eclipse

Do you have a financial councillor who could help you put all your bills into one bill so it would be less interest and less stressful for you I am sorry the food banks will not help hun Here they do help any family that are struggling hugs

9. Soldier83

No we tried that, they want $300 per month to consolidate our bills. Its not practical, dont worry though I just sold my ps3 11 games, and 9 blu-rays for $150 so that I could get us something to eat. The world keeps turning whether you want it to or not.

10. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Soldier, I am in the same position as you no matter where I turn and keep losing more. I am very sad that you are going through this with your family. I hope you have some sort of social support that can help you. I have none. I have to go through a list of things everyday, do I have enough $ today?,food?, gas?, etc. I can't live in the past or the future only in the day I'm in. Are you a veteran? If so, are there veteran's groups that can help you? I am so sorry. Try to spare yourself further trauma-do not watch the news. Hearing about the economy, joblessness, etc. only makes things worse. Walk away from any negative, toxic people who will further bring you down. Call around. Some churches give away food or have meals for families in a crunch. If you have a pastor they can give you resources. I know the chaplain's office in a hospital near me has resources for people for everything- food, clothing, housing, etc. You might try that.

11. Soldier83

I dont want charity, My wife and I work our fingers to the bone every week. We dont do drugs, we dont beat our kids, we dont do anything that would make us deserve all this. But I know what your gonna say, God does all this for a reason. He wont do anything you cant handle. Bullshit I say. Is that why over 400 soldiers killed themselves last year. I've had to talk 5 of my own soldiers from killing themselves, but how can I when I want to? I swear all I want to do is serve my community and my country without it breaking my family apart. Thats all, thats is it, but for some fucking reason thats not the way the fucking world works. If you want to give your self to the military you have to give everyone in your family to.

12. total eclipse

Veteran affairs call them they have therapy set up for soldiers who are suffering from PTSD and depression call them ok get the support the therapy you need to survive for you and your family

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.