• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

True Detective 'Rust Cohle Speech'

#1
I've never actually seen the tv show but there's a famous speech that this character 'Rust Cohle' said in season one that I've seen referred to so many times in media that I had to look it up myself. Maybe some of you are familiar with it. I'm not going to post it as it may be against the rules, but what I found when I listened to it is that is exactly what I believe, and that I am very much think like this character.
The only part I wouldn't agree with is at the end when he says something like, "In reality everyone is nobody" as I wouldn't say that's completely true.
I don't believe it's completely true because from cradle to grave no matter how you look at it we are still 'somebody'; We affect others and they affect us, we live our lives, have personalities, effect our environment around us and the future. The only time we stop being somebody is when we stop living, and even then our words and actions still keep affecting the living for a while after we are gone. I don't believe we are somebody in terms of supernatural beings who have a soul or going on in some afterlife, yet it could I just can't rely on that idea like it's fact without some proof.
So if you know the character/speech and have been affected by it let me know, I struggle with this a lot and even more so the flat-out rude rejection of it without even considering that some of it could be true (Like Woody Harrelson's character did) because that's what I often get IRL from others.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top