"True love asks for nothing in return.."

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by boo, Oct 30, 2010.

?

"True love asks for nothing in return.."

1. Agree

30.0%
  2. Disagree

60.0%
  3. Bwahahahaha! "True Love"? what's that?

10.0%
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

True love asks for nothing in return..? True or false?

2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

If i loved someone i wouldn't ask for anything in return, its a given but its seems like others do.

3. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Disagree, although I chose the third option. :)

4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

idk but i think that its too broad of a statement and overly simplified question to begin with...but i think true love requires a give and take and needs trust and love to be shared between the 2 for it to work so yeah true love demands (asks)for love and respect and trust otherwise there is no relationship...

5. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

...the problem lies in the application of the word 'true'...socially speaking (as a realist)...id disagree...metaphysically speaking (as an idealist)..i would agree;..true love: as a hopeless, helpless form of happiness? im working on that one :)...usually when i say :love:.....:poo:

6. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

This, and alot more, but it's worth the work

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

well- taken literally; I really don't think a relationship would work if neither person were to ask for anything, ever.
    Nothing would ever get done- and I doubt a relationship where both people were agreeing, psychic, mindless zombies could be considered a 'true love'. If it was... then damn, true love sounds effing boring. -__-

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think the asking and the giving can be a meaningful part of the intimacy...J

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I said 'disagree'
    No relationship should be all give, give, give and nothing in return.

10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I also chose disagree, for the same reasons those above gave.

11. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

False because to have true love means you need true love back off the other person, if it isnt reciprocated then its either a crush or a strong infatuation

12. japanlover

japanlover Well-Known Member

I wish this phrase could exist. Basic human nature will always ask for something in return.

13. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I think if it's true love you'll do anything for them even if they don't feel the same way. However, I think true love asks for true love back in a way.

14. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Disagree. Love in itself indicates that there's some unspoken mutuality and exclusivity to it and natural inclination to reciprocate and be loyal. That's asking a lot and without it there isn't any love, just one-way stupidity, imo.

15. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Stupidity? Why?

16. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yeah.. dont confuse love with pure devotion. Love may incorporate this way of thinking, but it's not the only definitive aspect. Loves natural and encompasses many aspects, and it's not something you can write on a page. It's different for everyone and everything.

17. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I kinda don't like thinking about love so logically.

18. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Exactly.. kinda my point. But it brings that annoying saying for some people.

You just know...:)

19. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is an annoying phrase but so true. I am a romantic at heart though and it's all feeling, logic has no place.

I feel nothing but frustrated at the attempt of trying to explain what love is.

20. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yeah i find with each word or phrase I write about it, the more the explanation unwravels.