"True love asks for nothing in return.."

"True love asks for nothing in return.."

• Total voters

Phteven

idk but i think that its too broad of a statement and overly simplified question to begin with...but i think true love requires a give and take and needs trust and love to be shared between the 2 for it to work so yeah true love demands (asks)for love and respect and trust otherwise there is no relationship...

dartofabaris

...the problem lies in the application of the word 'true'...socially speaking (as a realist)...id disagree...metaphysically speaking (as an idealist)..i would agree;..true love: as a hopeless, helpless form of happiness? im working on that one :)...usually when i say :love:.....:poo:

Brandon

idk but i think that its too broad of a statement and overly simplified question to begin with...but i think true love requires a give and take and needs trust and love to be shared between the 2 for it to work so yeah true love demands (asks)for love and respect and trust otherwise there is no relationship...
This, and alot more, but it's worth the work

KittyGirl

well- taken literally; I really don't think a relationship would work if neither person were to ask for anything, ever.
Nothing would ever get done- and I doubt a relationship where both people were agreeing, psychic, mindless zombies could be considered a 'true love'. If it was... then damn, true love sounds effing boring. -__-

Kaos General

False because to have true love means you need true love back off the other person, if it isnt reciprocated then its either a crush or a strong infatuation

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Disagree. Love in itself indicates that there's some unspoken mutuality and exclusivity to it and natural inclination to reciprocate and be loyal. That's asking a lot and without it there isn't any love, just one-way stupidity, imo.

Axiom

Account Closed
Yeah.. dont confuse love with pure devotion. Love may incorporate this way of thinking, but it's not the only definitive aspect. Loves natural and encompasses many aspects, and it's not something you can write on a page. It's different for everyone and everything.

Domo

Yeah, it is an annoying phrase but so true. I am a romantic at heart though and it's all feeling, logic has no place.

I feel nothing but frustrated at the attempt of trying to explain what love is.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00