Trust Issues.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Nicole_O91, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole_O91

Nicole_O91 Active Member

I can't do this for much longer.
    It's always the problem and/or end of any relationship I'm in, romantic or friendship. I've got to a point where I'd rather loose somebody completely cause I physically cannot bring myself to open up to them. I look at photos of them and I practise, word for word, what I'd say to them. Even with just a photo, I physically can't make my brain make my mouth say the words. Even without the photos, just thinking about the people, I can't do it.
    I think it's a mixture of two things. 1 - I'm afraid they'll not understand it (my depression, self-harming, suicide attempts, social anxiety etc.) or that they'll judge me because they don't understand it.
    2 - They'll tell other people. It's become a demon that's always in my head, it started off that I couldn't tell them these big things, but it's coming that I can't even talk to them about stupid little small things.
    I need help - does anybody else have trust issues and can advise anything? Thank you.

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

trusting someone with your inner most thoughts and feelings is no easy thing but its something that needs to be done to be able to move on and start your recovery or even just coming to terms with who you are.
    having someone close who knows all or part is a god send at times.

instead of telling someone verbally why dont you try writing things down in a letter and let who you choose read it in your pressence, this will allow you to begin beating your trust issues and hopefully gain more support.

take care :hug:

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I know just where you're coming from on this one. The only people I can be totally honest about these things with are people here on the forum. Even last night when my closest friend came over because he knew I was going through a bad time I couldn't be completely honest with him. This is a guy who has been my climbing partner for many years. We've known each other over 30 years and been throught a lot together in that time. He knows about my depression and has been a great help to me. As he was leaving he said that if things ever get to the point where I thought of calling the Samaritans I must ring him first. You would do that wouldn't you, he asked. I replied that of course I would. I actually first rang them about 4 years ago and am way beyond that point. The only person I did actually tell was my ex. She had been a really close friend for about 15 years when we finally got together in a relationship. She also knew a lot about my depression and was always pretty understanding. However when I admitted to her that I had been at a point where I had had thoughts about committing she split and has refused to talk to me since. I'm just afraid that the few people I still know would freak out and run in the same way if I told them. I am so glad I found the forum because this is the only place I can really open up.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Ditto I agree. I have major trust issues. I don't talk to anyone about them except here because know one judges me. And I tell my therapist because she has earned my trust. As far as family or other people There is no way I will open up because for one when I tell something to a family member they repeat it to the rest of the family, and then like my brother for instance he is an alcoholic so when he runs out of stories to tell his friends then he starts telling them my problems. So I have learned to keep it to myself. WhenI am up at his house helping him with stuff on his farm, if his friends show up I go in the house because I don't like the way they look at me. There is no telling what all he has told them about me. So yea I have trust issues!!!~Joseph~

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Ditto I agree. I have major trust issues. I don't talk to anyone about them except here because know one judges me. And I tell my therapist because she has earned my trust. As far as family or other people There is no way I will open up because for one when I tell something to a family member they repeat it to the rest of the family, and then like my brother for instance he is an alcoholic so when he runs out of stories to tell his friends then he starts telling them my problems. So I have learned to keep it to myself. When I am up at his house helping him with stuff on his farm, if his friends show up I go in the house because I don't like the way they look at me. There is no telling what all he has told them about me. So yea I have trust issues!!!~Joseph~

6. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

i do, just brush it off your shoulder literally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.