Trying to recover

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by kel2588, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kel2588

kel2588 Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, and am trying to get better. I didn't anticipate quite how hard that would be. Today is a better day in that I am able to write this message on the board, but i know tomorrow could be a completely different story. It's the fear of the bad days that sometimes feeds into my depression. Friends have been so supportive, but they don't understand the extent of how I feel and it's really difficult to explain.

I guess I'm just here for re-assurance, and to know that i'm not the only one suffering like this.

I've also started a blog (so far it only has 1 post..!) to try and put my thoughts and feelings into some kind of sense whilst I am recovering. I would appreciate it if people wouldn't mind giving it a read and posting some feedback. >> http://lifeandothermusings2014.blogspot.co.uk

Stay Strong,

Kelly

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Kelly welcome to SF will check out your blog good to see you reaching out here for support as many here do understand the depth of sadness one can feel and will be able to support you when they can hugs

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thanks for the blog and yes how brave that person was thanks for sharing hugs

4. kel2588

kel2588 Member

Thank you for the reply :) I'm trying really hard but sometimes when you think about how long it is going to take to get better it can seem so overwhelming.

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I totally relate to what you're saying. A few years ago I had a really bad year and since then I do live in fear of it re-happening. I'm so scared that the slightest depression I get makes me fear that year.....but I've started to tell myself that it's in the past and that I'm in different circumstances so it won't happen..and getting downs is normal so not to worry that tomorrow is going to be better....and this helps me a lot...of course I repeat that to myself a lot so it seems to register in my brain and I'm a bit less afraid...

:hug: don't worry, I hear you and I can tell you, you are not alone :)

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of support here for what you are going through. Please take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.