Trying to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deferred dream

I've been actively trying to improve my depression.

I was diagnosed with severe depression, MMPI-2 suggested my depression severity was in the top 4% of depression in women. So, suffice to say, it's pretty bad most of the time. I would go to my therapist weekly but never really talk about anything of consequence. I'd talk about diets, animals, anything besides myself. And I didn't get anywhere.

But recently, I made a deal with my husband: if he would try REALLY hard to be more supportive, I would consider medication, or at least discuss it, and I would get more in depth with my therapist.

So today, I went to the therapist and I actually introduced the "Elephant in the Room" and I said something to the effect of, "I know that you know I'm more depressed than I seem but I'm smokescreening you. And I know that you know that, and I know that you know that I know. It's an interesting dance, right?" and she gave me some books about ADD to read and analyze (since she says my self analysis is actually quite good) and we'll discuss more options. We're leaning toward ADD medication before anti-depressants.

I'm also actively trying to lose weight since that always helps me feel better. I'm boosting my self esteem by trying to lose weight (with a dietician's help and a prescription) and I've dyed my hair, gotten new glasses, and gotten new tattoos. All these things have really helped.

I feel really hopeful about the future for the first time in a long time. :shelbi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00