• Hi - if you have tried to donate and found that it hasn't worked please can you hit me up in PM? (Freya) I am trying to figure out with paypal what the issue is and they are asking for more data. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Thank you so much :)
  • The SF mobile app is available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. It will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you receive a private message, etc. Chat is not accessible on the app as it conflicts with the software on the site. The links to download are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

TV Bi*ching attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
After five maybe six years of not watching TV, I didn't even know how to turn it on, so I had to ask my brother, Now that I know how to turn it on I watch it now and then, in the early mornings.
So far, It has pissed me off every time I had watched it.
WTF, First of all, I had no idea that there is a credit loan for women so that they could buy makeup and go to beauty salons until I saw the commercial. ...my brain is falling out. What the actual fuck? Some people don't understand my occasional dislike for women... well maybe this explains it. Serious? A loan for makeup and plastic boobs! Because we women are so ugly! Because we are so stupid to uphold this idiotic establishment... I don't want to live on this planet anymore... And all the other loans? You need to get lean to get drivers license, to get your child ready for school, to celebrate Christmas... you need a lean for everything. And then some fat fu** rolls around in your debt while you dont know where to go.

Then there is a show where cheesy local celebrities give bad advice to young children... wow, the future is looking bright. God, it's like "sell out 101" I can't believe that some people actually like that show, and they are looking up to these people.

And the local funniest videos show pissed me off too... Someone's car explodes while the driver is still in, the driver is not getting out..... BHAHHAHH! How fucking funny. And 50% of the videos are about drunk people and the host is making "jokes" about them. Maybe I don't find this funny because my father was an alcoholic. I cried every night when he came home hopeless and so drunk that he couldn't stand up. It wasn't pleasant when my mum got drunk all the time when I was 5 either. Alcoholism is a sickness... it is not funny... when the person is staring at you with that blank stare... and yelling at your brother to give him the
keys so that he could go buy more vodka... it is terrifying. If it weren't for my brother my father had died of alcoholism, or homeless, freezing, alone and drunk somewhere.. My mother died of cancer... she drank a lot too, so maybe alcohol killed her.
These super drunk people you see in "funny" videos, later on, go home to their families... and a conflict starts. I feel sorry for those people, I wish there would be no alcohol. some weed... its e body good for the body, do your reaserch!
Is the mentality of the society really so low, that it laughs about car accidents, worships shallowness, buys makeup instead of rent and think that getting pathetic drunk is quality comedy? Yes, kids! It's funny! Try it!
I hate humans. Most of them.
Fuck television.

Last edited:
Please don't use the word 'retarded'. It's really cruel.

Also, if there is a commercial for a credit union for women that's advertising fake boob loans, that means that commercial is offensive, not that women are.

And yet agin, if anyone is offended, I dont have anything aginst anyone personaly. I can't believe I have to explain myself.
I'm well aware that people are different, In this case im talking about the majoraty. And it is the truth, dont like it, fine. I didn't make it that way.

JmpMster

Have a question? Message Me
Staff member
Forum Owner
ADMIN
It is not the majority- with 220 channels on 24/7 (excluding ppv, music channels, and infomercials channels) on my satellite subscription there is a very low bar on what makes it to the airwaves. By the same token, with 220 channels it is my choice and people can (as I do) choose not to watch the rot on many cable/satellite channels.. ultimately it comes to choice - but being on air does not mean that the majority or even a lot of people "watch it" - many cable stations measure market share in the 100ths or even 1000ths of 1 percent.

If i am called intolerant and non understanding because i find the types of shows you are talking about to just as stupid and worthless as you,so be it. So far as advertisements, that isn't society telling people they need those things- that is shallow people making a market for such things to exist. They create the demand, therefore there is a product made to fill the demand. I do not accept society forces anybody to do anything- people make their own choices based on their own value system. I personally do not watch tv unless is recorded on DVR because i can't stand any advertisements- I know what things I want and do not need people to tell me what I need or should have. And feel much the same as you about the content of the advertisements- but is once again choice to watch or not watch- so I choose not to.

Bottom line- to each their own. If somebody likes those shows and watches those shows in their home it doesn't affect me, same as their sexual preference does not, same as their race does not, same as their religion does not, etc etc. is personal choice. If that kind of thing is entertainment to them so long as I ma not forced to watch then it does not matter to me or change my life if they do. I feel much the same about music and radio stations - while i personally see no value in many types of music popular in recent years, is my opinion and my choice to not listen to it.

Life is already hard enough dealing with problems I have no choice about, I sure as hell am not going to take on the rest of the worlds morale choices or values as my responsibility. And to be honest, I get pretty pissed when somebody else tries to tell me how I should live my life or what my choices should be as well, so I try not to tell other people how I think they should live. Life is much simpler worrying about the things I can control instead of the things i have no control over.

It is not the majority- with 220 channels on 24/7 (excluding ppv, music channels, and infomercials channels) on my satellite subscription there is a very low bar on what makes it to the airwaves. By the same token, with 220 channels it is my choice and people can (as I do) choose not to watch the rot on many cable/satellite channels.. ultimately it comes to choice - but being on air does not mean that the majority or even a lot of people "watch it" - many cable stations measure market share in the 100ths or even 1000ths of 1 percent.

If i am called intolerant and non understanding because i find the types of shows you are talking about to just as stupid and worthless as you,so be it. So far as advertisements, that isn't society telling people they need those things- that is shallow people making a market for such things to exist. They create the demand, therefore there is a product made to fill the demand. I do not accept society forces anybody to do anything- people make their own choices based on their own value system. I personally do not watch tv unless is recorded on DVR because i can't stand any advertisements- I know what things I want and do not need people to tell me what I need or should have. And feel much the same as you about the content of the advertisements- but is once again choice to watch or not watch- so I choose not to.

Bottom line- to each their own. If somebody likes those shows and watches those shows in their home it doesn't affect me, same as their sexual preference does not, same as their race does not, same as their religion does not, etc etc. is personal choice. If that kind of thing is entertainment to them so long as I ma not forced to watch then it does not matter to me or change my life if they do. I feel much the same about music and radio stations - while i personally see no value in many types of music popular in recent years, is my opinion and my choice to not listen to it.

Life is already hard enough dealing with problems I have no choice about, I sure as hell am not going to take on the rest of the worlds morale choices or values as my responsibility. And to be honest, I get pretty pissed when somebody else tries to tell me how I should live my life or what my choices should be as well, so I try not to tell other people how I think they should live. Life is much simpler worrying about the things I can control instead of the things i have no control over.
I totaly agree and see your point of wiev. Im not always like this... its just that sometimes I need to yell and scream and curse.(Isn't this subforum about letting it all out? ) Hosnestly Im pissed off at woman because Im ashamed of being one, and for some reason this offends people. I'm sory, I need to be more specific, but at the same time I dont fell like expllaining myself. Just as I get hot headed too fast, maybe people should not rush to make conclusions about others, if they dont know alot. Not talking about you. We all have our flaws, I guess.
Thank you for your time, I respect your way of life. Not many can be so understanding

I mean whatever, there's plenty to get pissed about in the world and it's not all rational. It was really the first one, that tag, that set my mood while reading the rest. Really anger makes me uncomfortable for my own reasons so I shouldn't have read in the first place.

DrownedFishOnFire

. . . . .
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Media and commericals are annoying AF those days so your not alone in being irked about something thats so cheesy om TV. Not just too targeted and personal in your case its more of like when will this ever end. Slinging scam after scam...this product is a fountain of youth for your skin!!!! This will trim fat off your meal......this product will clear off grime with minimal effort.

What is the most mind boggling is those lawyer ads..... in America we are sue happy and those lawyers late at night is a solution for many people. Injury? Sue. Grew a breast from a side effect of medication? SUE! Got lung cancer? Sue! Bankruptcy? Get out of debt? The endless list goes on for the middle of the nite ads for me.

Just gets tiresome and pointless watching the drivel over and over again.

When it comes to alcohol issues-

To take things personally and being upset when it comes to drunk foolery its not worth it that anger driected at the people doing it legally. My life has been directly impacted by a drunk driver. A drunk driver plowed into my car and my health has taken a nosedive, still dealing with the pain 2.75 years later as well as my grandfather it almost cost my fathers life by few inches as well could have crushed him as mine not being impaled by a piece of car that grazed my thigh . Both of my parents are alocholics ironically. Growing up was not fun most of the time. One is now recovering. Other parent is still heavily drinking but still functioning. I have other family members who are addicts or alcoholics. It saddens me when I find the culture is still ingrained in booze and I do not laugh along with the audience. There are choices you can make to respond to the issue, be angry about it....or just let it go. Ancestors have been doing this for eons of time it will take time for people to be more aware that the booze is just as bad. There is no health benefits etc. It destroys lives.

Am I still angry at the dude who choose to drink and drive. Im not going to lie. Hell yeah. But whats the point now? He killed himself 7 months later after the accident.

Your life isnt the only life story that has a deep grudge against alcohol and drinking in general. I still cringe when I am watching commericals with selling alcohol. I still cringe when I see drivers obviously under the influence not staying in their lane. I travel home from work late at nights. It sucks.

I understand 100% about the need to vent about many things But woman hating....thats a different class I refuse to attend. Lol

I mean whatever, there's plenty to get pissed about in the world and it's not all rational. It was really the first one, that tag, that set my mood while reading the rest. Really anger makes me uncomfortable for my own reasons so I shouldn't have read in the first place.
I am sorry. I live in a really rude enviorment. When I wrote that I didn't mean it in that way... I'm not the person who gets mad about religion, race, status or illness. I choose the wrong word often, I'm not perfect, not close to perfect. and I mess up big time sometimes. I understand that people can mind these things, and I'm sorry.

Media and commericals are annoying AF those days so your not alone in being irked about something thats so cheesy om TV. Not just too targeted and personal in your case its more of like when will this ever end. Slinging scam after scam...this product is a fountain of youth for your skin!!!! This will trim fat off your meal......this product will clear off grime with minimal effort.

What is the most mind boggling is those lawyer ads..... in America we are sue happy and those lawyers late at night is a solution for many people. Injury? Sue. Grew a breast from a side effect of medication? SUE! Got lung cancer? Sue! Bankruptcy? Get out of debt? The endless list goes on for the middle of the nite ads for me.

Just gets tiresome and pointless watching the drivel over and over again.

When it comes to alcohol issues-

To take things personally and being upset when it comes to drunk foolery its not worth it that anger driected at the people doing it legally. My life has been directly impacted by a drunk driver. A drunk driver plowed into my car and my health has taken a nosedive, still dealing with the pain 2.75 years later as well as my grandfather it almost cost my fathers life by few inches as well could have crushed him as mine not being impaled by a piece of car that grazed my thigh . Both of my parents are alocholics ironically. Growing up was not fun most of the time. One is now recovering. Other parent is still heavily drinking but still functioning. I have other family members who are addicts or alcoholics. It saddens me when I find the culture is still ingrained in booze and I do not laugh along with the audience. There are choices you can make to respond to the issue, be angry about it....or just let it go. Ancestors have been doing this for eons of time it will take time for people to be more aware that the booze is just as bad. There is no health benefits etc. It destroys lives.

Am I still angry at the dude who choose to drink and drive. Im not going to lie. Hell yeah. But whats the point now? He killed himself 7 months later after the accident.

Your life isnt the only life story that has a deep grudge against alcohol and drinking in general. I still cringe when I am watching commericals with selling alcohol. I still cringe when I see drivers obviously under the influence not staying in their lane. I travel home from work late at nights. It sucks.

I understand 100% about the need to vent about many things But woman hating....thats a different class I refuse to attend. Lol
Man. I completely understand.
Personally, I'm not angry all the time. I have let go of many things in my life, but it's easier said than done, you know? And I don't understand, when I write something like this, everyone tells me to let go and that I'm being irrational... don't you have bad qualities about you? That are irrational and would need letting go? I just feel like an outcast... again. Didn't thought that i would have to feel like that on this forum.
Anyway, you are strong for holding on like that. I'm sorry you have to go trough with that.

And I would like to add that I don't hate woman, I hate the woman who play barbie throughout all their life. Girls like that had rolled eyes and giggled at me, for a long time, and no one defended me. So now when I mention it once, everyone feels awkward and offended.

There is so much rubbish on TV @SonjaRot , I mean loads INCLUDING adverts. I spent a month without TV and when I went back to watching it, it was the strangest feeling ever. Almost like I had been 'out of touch' with things. Initially I felt awkward, but now I know that I am lucky that I can choose to turn the damn thing off. I really, really don't want to have 'insight' into the lives of people who are just rich and famous for... not sure what!

There are some good stuff though - you just have to picky and find them. Documentaries, comedy, drama series. I typically google ratings and reviews before I watch anything now to suit ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00