Two Rings

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by SillyOldBear, Jan 8, 2016.

1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I have two rings that are together again. Whole and well. They are my parents' wedding bands. Both died well over 20 years ago. I had them sized to fit me and wore them for a while. Then one day I looked down and the diamond from my dad's ring was gone. I looked everywhere. I could not find it. A couple years later a miracle of sorts happened. A repair tech at my job found a diamond on the floor. It was my dad's. I promptly embarrassed the poor tech by giving him a huge hug and a great big thank you. The ring had probably rolled under some equipment and been hiding there for years.

Well I finally spent the money to have it fixed. I picked it up from the jewelers yesterday. It looks WONDERFUL. It is nestled in the same box as my mom's ring. They are snuggled up with each other again. I don't know if I will wear either of them very often. I don't want to lose a stone again. But now I can pass them on to my niece when I go. A way to continue their memory to another generation. While we all will eventually be forgotten, maybe I can put of my parents' being forgotten for a little bit.
    7 people like this.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am so glad you have such wonderful keepsakes back and whole again. Definitely a small miracle, but very glad it happened for you (hug)
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I'm so glad Barb. Lovely story.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

That is so wonderful to have a keepsake of your parents and yes what a miracle
  5. SillyOldBear

Thank you all. I really appreciate your responses.
  6. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

What a stroke of luck that it was found! (hugsquishes Barb)
  7. sofie

sofie Banned Member

That is wonderful :) It is amazing the diamond was found!!
  8. SillyOldBear

It really was amazing that it was found. I think it probably rolled under a piece of equipment. The repairman moved it. And there was the diamond.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Delighted for you hun, that is amazing, I'm glad you have both of those and I am sure they hold lots of fond memories. What a miracle :)