uk people please help ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Claws, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claws

Claws Active Member

HIYA I feel I have made 30 Million topics on this for this I apologise but I feel brave enough now [before I waste any more of my life]to go to the doctors about how I feel, I think it is strong possibility I have depression so If I do what's the process with what happens to me/how do they test it?I am scared to go outside(anyone else feel this?) does that mean they'll put me away? please help me with honest answers i just need to know what I am facing

Hope there's a few British people here please?
    I am really scared what will happen to be because when I go to the doctors I want to go back home where I feel safe not taken away
    I am in England. I'd like to know what happens here, though if anyone outside the UK has things to say,then any opinion is welcome

:blue:

please help me, please

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Basically what you need to do is make an appointment to see your GP. Just tell them your symptoms e.g. feeling low, anxiety etc. They will ask how long have you been feeling like this, ask about your sleeping and general health etc. They do a depression screen which gives them an idea of the stage of depression you are at. They may decide to put you on a small dose of medication to begin with, ask if you need any counselling and will want to see you every couple of weeks to see how you are doing. The GP may discuss other options that are available to you. It's really not a scary process, I recommend seeing your GP. Hope it goes well!

3. Claws

Claws Active Member

Thank you very much for replying,does medication cost much in the UK?

4. Butterfly

If you pay for your prescriptions it is now £7.60 per item on your prescription. If you are still in education and under 19, on benefits or other stuff you might be eligible for free prescriptions.

5. Claws

Claws Active Member

Sorry to bump thread but I am too scared to leave house to go to doctors, or do anything but I do need help.
    Really scared am throwing life away but can't go out to get help

6. ripples

ripples Member

Butterfly is correct.

Sounds like you have an anxiety disorder, possibly mixed with depression. Presumably you have a GP, if you don't you must subscribe to one from your nearest NHS branch which could be any of these; (Hospital, Surgery, Medical Center). Worst case scenario you might be able to have a GP visit you, if your borderline psychotically paranoid like i was. Once you've talked with the GP, you'll know whether medication is the next step, there are ways to have your medication paid should you need it, an HC2 form is the ticket should you be eligible. But first step first. Do it.

7. Claws

Claws Active Member

I'm too scared to make that big step, not helping myself really. :blue:

8. Butterfly

You just have to bite the bullet and just do it. The more you think about it the less likely you are to do it. You know you need help, so you need to do this. The worst that will happen is you get some medication. It's really nothing to be afraid of, they are there to HELP you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.