Uncomfortable with being a human?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by silent_enigma, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

I'd assume a lot of other people here would answer in the affirmative.

I've often felt that me being born as a human on planet earth was some sort of big mistake. I wasn't meant to be a part of this fucked up species that seems to thrive on being mean to each other. I don't seem to cope well with being a human or relating to humans in general. This line of thought leads, as you may have guessed, to me thinking of just ending this stupid mistake once and for all.

What say you?

2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

I think that you should be an example, as I try to be. Just like Timothy Leary said, "If you don't like the way people respond to you, change the way you respond to people".

There are a lot of bad people in the world, but if each of us does our part, we can do a lot of good. Richard Dawkins said, "We are selfish by nature, that is our natural design, but if we can all simply try, we can change our nature. And we will be the first species to do that...change our original design." Not the exact quote, but that was what he was essentially trying to say.

I'm not a patriotic person at all. I don't believe in it, (that's a whole 'nother subject) but just because an American person stands for the flag and says the pledge of allegiance, doesn't mean I can't sit down.

Hope I helped you some.

3. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

good posts both of ye. I can relate to that alot silent_enigma. I feel exactly the same way. some times i feel like im not human, dont fit in with humans, dont belong here, belong some where else in the universe.

4. letdown

letdown Guest

Actually I don't see other people as "me and them" and that I'm different from them. I see myself just like them, (I can relate but can't form relationships) but perhaps more aware of my personal "issues" to the point of I'm so scared of fucking up other people..so I stay away.

5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Sometimes I feel like I am NOT human.
    I'm just something else, in a world full of these asshole robots who don't care about anyone.
    They all have their little groups, they laugh and play.
    I have nothing like them.
    All I have is myself.
    I do nothing like then.
    I don't know them.
    I'm not like them.
    I'm not a 'human'.

6. LiverpoolFTW

LiverpoolFTW Guest

I'd like to be a cat.

7. Blackness

Blackness Guest

^Me too, my cat has the best life :p

8. letdown

letdown Guest

A cat once made me think seriously about the way I was living my life. I looked at her, after she had been in the same position in the morning and evening (nearly 11 hours) after I had come home. I thought, why on earth am I doing this, working myself to death? I could sleep all day and "live" like her. It soon got boring though as I've always had trouble with living for myself.

9. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Yes, sadly alot of us are selfish, rude and mean by nature but that doesn't mean everyone is. Some people have the strength and ability to go past that line and be good, kind and sincere.

Those are the things I strive for as well as other stuff. I strive to go beyond the nature of a human being.

10. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

If you go right back to the basics, we're no different than any other animal. But what separates us is our conscious mind. Instead of that "every man for himself" philosophy we have been ruled by for so long, recently some of us have developed something new, a "All for one, one for all" attitude. If we all work together, we can reach a common goal. And this is what separates us from other animals.

11. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Exactly, we have the ability to ascend, well a few of us do. The philosophy you mentioned about one for all and all for one, is the right one in my opinion. Thats the only way people will ascend and become stronger.

Selfish and mean people are truly ugly.

12. LiverpoolFTW

LiverpoolFTW Guest

I've seen a few mental cats. But for the most part they have the life of riley ;)

I cant live for myself, and no one wants me to live for them. So i am stuffed. At least a cat is happy being on its own.

13. silent_enigma

And then again, on other days I'll run across some real nice people and I'll feel differently.

Like the other day this guy acted all exuberant and grateful just because I let him borrow my chainsaw for a little bit. He even snuck a $10 bill into my truck when I wasn't looking.

14. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Yeah i can see what you mean. I thought about this the other day when i was thinking about voting for the next PM. i thought, why the fuck bother hes not gonna do anything good at all, hell just lie. Its wierd and sad that humans have things like wars, pollution, etc.

but hey look, on the brighter side theres this:
    Wars are not nearly as deadly as they were a while ago.
    People are embracing green technology like never before.
    We have all these medicines and stuff to help people.

I think its about striking a balance between us being a destructive race and the environment err...if you know what i mean

15. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

16. letdown

letdown Guest

Nah, lots of cats are lonely/unhappy/starved of affection. Just go down to a cat shelter..loads of unwanted, affectionate, demanding, sometimes "mean" and temperamental, neglected and traumatised cats there who just need a bit of individual care, attention and space rather than people treating them all as one and the same.

17. LiverpoolFTW

LiverpoolFTW Guest

This cat is a bit more than "mean" and temperamental. I think i should adopt him, we'd get on great ;)

18. letdown

letdown Guest

I've never heard a cat yell that loud! Poor thing is terrified.

19. LiverpoolFTW

LiverpoolFTW Guest

You wouldn't need a guard dog with this cat around ;)

20. silent_enigma

Hamsters! I told our 3 yr old that once she is completely toilet trained we can get a hamster. She's almost there. She just has to go 1 week with no accidents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.