"unconciousness"

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by rubbella, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubbella

rubbella Member

im suffering from some sort of unconciousness..
    i mean it all started out with minutes that i go unaware of my actions...
    right now its upto days that are just blank for me...
    i mean i proceed in my normal activities and i respond normally to ppl and all but im just unconcious of it..

i have days that i wake up and i missed a complete day... a day that i have no memory or clue of what ive done about...
    i also show verry less to no emotion in my life...
    i dont feel much emotion at all....

if anyone knows what kind of disorder(s) this might be plz let me know...

i also have a post in the The Uncertainty Principle called "never told this before"
    that might help to put some sort of diagnostic...

thx in advance rubbella

2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

It seems like some sort of neurological problem rather than a mental health one. I know of a similar-ish problem that one my my peers went through, he sort of blacked out for upto an hour whilst remaining fully functioning. It turned out he was suffering from some type of fit. But hey, i'm not medically trained so am only summising.

3. rubbella

rubbella Member

could you tell me a bit more of what your peer went trhouh it sounds intresting actually

4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

He went and stayed in hospital for a couple of days for tests. Mostly measuring brainwaves whilst he carried out loads of tasks etc. I believe he takes an anti-convulsant drug of some sort. He still has the blackout's but he knows straight away he's had one and they are no longer as long.

5. rubbella

rubbella Member

hmm, althouh i do know i had one....
    im aware i had a "blackout" but i just dont know what i did in it i dont recal anything of the day happening to me..

6. jlc20m

jlc20m Well-Known Member

Hi,

The first thing I'd do is see my doctor. There can be many physical reasons for blackouts, such as epilepsy. Only after tests have been done, then I'd look to a mental health professional for answers, I have DID and understand what it's like to not remember doing or saying things. Before I was diagnosed, I seen a neurologist who ruled out seizures, tumors, etc. I'd start with a doctor visit. Good lick.

jlc20m

7. jlc20m

jlc20m Well-Known Member

Good luck. Yikes:blink:!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.