Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by hannahb221, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannahb221

hannahb221 Member

I think I may have Bipolar Disorder type 2 but I don't know how to bring this up with my psychiatrist. My previous psychologist would not diagnose me as Bipolar because I am under 18. Any ideas on how I could tell my psychiatrist? Thanks!
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Be honest, describe your feelings and thoughts to your therapist. He will advise you. Please do not assume your are as it will not help you. The self diagnosis does not help but just makes you worry. Be careful and safe.
  3. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

The only ones that receive a benefit from a label is the insurance companys. Most psychiatrists do not want to label a person. To put a label on makes us less complex and restricts what we think and do.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

The pdoc will make the diagnosis her/himself. They will consult with your psychologist for background info.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hannah,I actually asked the psych before did I have bipolar type 2 and she said no, her reasoning being that I didn't go manic on anti depressants. So there is ways they can tell. Ask your doctor and best of luck :hug: It's never healthy to self diagnose or use dr.google.
  6. Linny

Linny Active Member

The only reason I believe I have no polar disorder is because it runs in the family for my mom and my dads family all have short tempers so my moods are thrown all the time by little things. Tell your physicatrist exactly what you told us. That you think you have it and why but that you couldn't be labeled by your previous therapist. Maybe medication will help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.