• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

V59.69?

j86

Well-Known Member
#1
I had a psych. appt today.
He didn't tell me the diagnoses
but he did leave me with the code "V58.69"
Any idea what that could be?
 

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
#3
What do you mean by;
he did leave me with the code "V58.69"
Did he write it down on some information he gave you?
Are you already taking long term medication for any condition?
This code (in the UK) is used to show that a person is on long term meds.
However it may have a different meaning elsewhere.

Hope this helps

Hazel
 

j86

Well-Known Member
#4
He wrote down the code on a paper I have to give to the hospital tomorrow when I get blood work done.
 

j86

Well-Known Member
#6
Blood work went well. 4 of those tubes.
God, that was pain but I did it!
The nurse said the results will be sent to my doctor that day.
I don't get to see him until this coming Monday but I see my
therapist this Thursday so maybe he will have answers.
I'm sure he will.
 

j86

Well-Known Member
#8
Well, I found out one of the blood tests that came out bad was my belliruben which I also had a problem with 2 years ago.

Other problems were low protein (but due to vegetarian diet)
And my cholesterol (not sure why.. but not a big deal)

Anyway, one of my good friends called my clinic and asked what the code stood for. It is true - long term, high-risk medications. However, my new diagnose is called "bipolar mix". Meaning, for those bipolar who have mania episodes who do not feel depressed during them - I, however, have mania episodes that also have emotions of depression.

Hmm. She said it's a rather new disorder they are diagnosing.
 

j86

Well-Known Member
#9
Seems like I have a completely different diagnosed disorder than what I thought.
The psychiatrist's first impression was "bipolar mixed". However, after going on with a more thorough examination, his final documented say is now "schizoaffective", according to my therapist today.

I don't really understand that V59.69 though..
My therapist said the "code" for "bipolar mixed" should've been 2xx.xx? Not 59.69.
I don't know what the code is for schizoaffective though.
 

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
#11
V59.69 does not refer to a diagnosis, it only shows that you are on long term medication, it alerts a prescribing doctor to the fact that you are already on meds, regardless of what condition they are for, he is then able to check any new drug he prescribes for possible interactions.

Take care Hazel
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top