• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Empathy Only Very depressed

alice202

SF Supporter
#1
I am feeling stressed and depressed. I used to always feel this way in spring, but I thought it went away. Now the feelings of sadness are back.

I posted here that my job had turned out well. Apparently I spoke too soon.

First thing to know is that I work from home.

Last week one of the managers left me a voice message which contained a long pause and then the words "g_d d_mmit". Then he hung up. I couldn't get to the phone because I was cooking my lunch. When I heard the message I was shocked, so messaged and emailed him. No answer. I reported it to my agency and they told me what a great guy he is. The next day I was alone in a meeting with him before it started and I confronted him. He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. He blamed it on the Teams app. A couple days later he asked me to prove it, so I sent him the audio.

Over the weekend the same person took me off a project that I have been working on for 5 weeks. No explanation, he just decided to stir the pot. I immediately wrote an email to the managers and asked to be reassigned to the project. They patronized me in the next meeting, saying they wish everyone was as committed to the work as I am. They did not restore the assignment. Instead I am working for another person on the team. He's a good guy, but he micromanages me and its going to make me crazy.

A few of us have been complaining to each other about the way things are going. Nobody is happy and nobody expects things are going to get better. These managers only respond to pressure from above, and they really don't care about anyone who reports to them.

I have started looking for another job already. Two jobs in a row with bad management. It doesn't make me look good.

I don't know if the depression is just reducing my ability to deal with frustration or if the job is causing my depression. The managers generally do not respond to my messages and emails. They just ignore me, like I am too insignificant to deal with. A few weeks ago they were responsive when I complained about someone who wasn't training me - and I found out later that they wanted to give him a bad review and I inadvertently gave them the ammunition.

I don't expect a job to be perfect, but I'd love to have a manager who isn't a narcissist once in a while.

I just want to take a long nap and wake up to a different life.

Alice

I feel like screaming at the managers.
 

alice202

SF Supporter
#6
I feel like such a mess. Besides the work situation...

About 3 weeks ago I broke my pinky finger. I went to urgent care to get an xray. I haven't been wearing the splint. It still hurts and I'm afraid it might not get better.

Tonight I was walking my dog, and I fell on my knees and my right hand (not the one with a broken finger). I sat there for 5 minutes hoping someone would come by and help me up. But nobody did. At least my dog didn't leave. My right knee is bruised and it really, really hurts.

Yesterday my microwave stopped working. I think its the fuse. Its dangerous to replace it yourself, so they won't even tell you what fuse to get. They will send out a technician since its fairly new. But my apartment is too messy, so I don't want to let anyone in till its clean. I microwave everything so now its much harder to cook.

I wish I had someone to help me. I have nobody. I do everything for myself and I don't ask for help. Not ever. But its a crappy way to live.

Alice
 

cymbele

SF Supporter
#7
@alice202 *grouphug2

I know how you feel. I just wanted you to know that it's tough being alone (and fighting depression). I too wish I had a human companion. I too am single but with two cats. I do have some help from my daughter but I wish I didn't have to lean on her (she lives an hour away) but from a close friend physically. I wish life was better for the two of us, especially you.
 

alice202

SF Supporter
#10
I had a bad experience just now. I took my dog to the dog park for an hour, and as I was leaving there was a skirmish. I was trying to leash my dog, and another dog came up and sniffed him. He reacted badly... but when dogs are unequal bad things happen. If they are both on the leash or both off the leash they are equal - but when one dog is restrained he doesn't want to be sniffed by another dog.

So I asked the guy if his dog was ok and waited while he looked his dog over. He said the dog was ok. Then I explained about the dogs being equal - suggesting that he should have kept his dog away from mine. Suddenly a passerby said I shouldn't even bring my dog to the park. This seemed to give the dog owner an opening to verbally abuse me. I won't repeat it here but he said every nasty thing he could think of to me and made obscene gestures. He had a really nasty mouth. As I was pulling away in my car he was snapping a photo of my license. I don't know why. He said his dog was ok, and no laws were broken. Is he planning to report me to the police? To stalk me? Rape me? Damage my car? All because my dog snapped at his dog?

My dog has had this kind of skirmish other times without any dog needing to go to the vet. Most of the time people are nice about it. I don't know what gave this young man the idea that he had the right to verbally abuse me. Some men think it is their divine right to abuse all women. I felt like somebody's punching bag. And it feels awful.

Alice
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#11
I feel like such a mess. Besides the work situation...

About 3 weeks ago I broke my pinky finger. I went to urgent care to get an xray. I haven't been wearing the splint. It still hurts and I'm afraid it might not get better.

Tonight I was walking my dog, and I fell on my knees and my right hand (not the one with a broken finger). I sat there for 5 minutes hoping someone would come by and help me up. But nobody did. At least my dog didn't leave. My right knee is bruised and it really, really hurts.

Yesterday my microwave stopped working. I think its the fuse. Its dangerous to replace it yourself, so they won't even tell you what fuse to get. They will send out a technician since its fairly new. But my apartment is too messy, so I don't want to let anyone in till its clean. I microwave everything so now its much harder to cook.

I wish I had someone to help me. I have nobody. I do everything for myself and I don't ask for help. Not ever. But its a crappy way to live.

Alice
I'm so sorry you are suffering. It sounds like you are really struggling at the moment, where everything just goes wrong all the time. I hate that nobody would lend a hand when you fell down, people are so uncaring these days. But at least you have your pooch there with you, dogs are so loving and faithful companions. The manager and the guy with the dog in the park sound like assholes. I'm very paranoid around people for this very reason because the world is full of these types of people these days. They are everywhere. I hope things get better for you soon. 🤗
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
#12
I'm just seeing this thread. I hope better things are happening for you with work, whether you are still at that same job or have found a new one.
I'm a person that takes my dogs on long walks daily and I only go to areas where there aren't other people around to do it so I don't have to be on the receiving end of goofy people's behaviors, rudeness and thoughtlessness has happened too many times.
And I hope you have healed well from the fall in April and the break to your finger.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top