very tense

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by zoebaby, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoebaby

zoebaby Well-Known Member

I have PTSD, lately it is very bad. There are two triggers for this.
    1. talking to my son's father's family again, i had domestic violence issues with him and now i am feeling all of the same feelings again, fear and panic and not being able to control what is happening 2. now my son is saying that he wants to go live in vegas with them. now this is triggering me terribly. I went to live with my mother in las vegas when i was 14, it was terrible and i ended up leaving home and had some really, really bad things happen. So now I'm having very bad feelings of anxiety when I even think about him going to visit. It's like I'm reliving this all over again. Because A, he is almost 14, and B, he will be going to las vegas and he wishes to live there, and he does not even know these people. but I'm feeling a lot of panic like all of those bad things are going to happening again, and he is going to end up on the streets, it is a very bad panicky feeling. I cant seem to get a grip, it feels like this is me and I'm 14 again. I cant get it out of my head. I keep reliving this in my mind. Is there any medicine that i can take for PTSD?

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I don't know of any medicine that can help. Have you spoken to your son and explained that he doesn't really know the people he wants to move in with.

3. zoebaby

zoebaby Well-Known Member

Yes, I have talked to him but ti's hard, he's 13 and he can be headstrong. I think this will get better as time goes on but for now.... I guess it's just a big change in our lives and it's just kind of scary. That and the fact that it's like im going back in time to a place that I dont really want to be, but I have to give him a chance to get to know people. It can be very hard to do the right thing sometimes. When he came back from visiting them he was crying and begging me to go live there, for 2 months it was like that, it was horrible I talked to the counselor at his school yestserday and she told me we will just have to adjust to all of these new thing's that are happening. And she told me to not let him go live there, she said that he will start calming down in time. But I think the fact that I did this to my mother when I was younger is not helping, I had this fantasy that if I went to live with my father that life would be beautiful, but it was horrible, nothing like I imagined. It took years to get back on the right track, I was very hurt , started doing drugs, making bad decisions. Do you see why Im being triggered so? Like these things that happen make me feel like its me all over again. Today Im relaxing, cleaning, listening to music, Im going to try to calm down. Thankyou for you reply :smile: I know everything is going to get better, it just takes time :smile:

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's good that your optimistic about it all. Also I can understand and see why this is triggering you alot. But you and your son going through this sort of thing together will be good for you both.
    Like you said, it's a big change but there's no rush right. Take things nice and slowly.

Anyways Best of luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.