• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Vision Therapy

Leesa

I don't know where to put this. (Meaning which part of the forum) but has anyone had any experience with vision therapy? I've just learned this week my right eye is misaligned. This can cause chronic headaches, anxiety, trouble with reading comprehension. It's not dyslexia and goes undiagnosed. I had to figure it out for myself and found a neuro-
optometrist by way of my neurologist. The therapy is twice a week for 4 to 8 months so a huge commitment but it could be life altering. I don't know if insurance will cover it.

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
No so far for me but as I age, I am developing cataracts so vision therapy is probably in the future for me especially with me being diabetic, but luckily so far none of that disease in my eyes. Will be hoping for the best for you coming up.

Leesa

No so far for me but as I age, I am developing cataracts so vision therapy is probably in the future for me especially with me being diabetic, but luckily so far none of that disease in my eyes. Will be hoping for the best for you coming up.
This is more my eye has been misaligned for years and it's not been diagnosed because I had 2020 vision. I had to do my own research, per usual. They put what looks like a scuba mask on you which is computerized. They have you read while they track your eyes and then ask you about what you read.my eyes aren't working together and words jump around and sentences don't follow in a straight line. I had no idea words jumped but have complaining about reading comprehension since I was a kid. I like to read but have always been a slow reader because I have to reread things. I pretty much stopped reading for pleasure when I got glasses. I generally only read a book if I'm wearing contacts. Glasses mess up my visual line although I wear glasses for work because my eyes get tired. This has been less than 2 years I've been trying to get glasses to work. People have just not understood.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$40.00
Goal
$255.00