Walking is helpful

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Chargette, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm the same, I try to walk to the corner of my street, there's a bench, and I sit there for a while then walk back. I try to do that everyday otherwise I get depressed if I stay home too many days.

3. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

There's a shopping center very close to my apartment complex so I walk up there almost every day, either to buy food or sometimes sit in the coffee shop with my laptop. Even if I'm not gone for very long, it can still make a big difference in my mood.

4. Sain

Sain Active Member

I, too, try to get out everyday...although it sometimes doesn't work that way. I have extreme social anxiety, so that doesn't help matters. But I try to walk to a nearby, a 30 minute walk, shop every other day at least. It is pretty nice here, still, around 16 C this afternoon. A nice crisp, fall day. I am planning on going out again. I just came from the grocery store and I want to walk again. I had that anxious/hyper/restless feeling before I left, but my meds seemed to have kicked in (benzos) to take the edge off, I guess. I still was anxious for my walk, but didn't have that hyper-up energy feeling, thankfully. I found a new way to walk to the coffee shop that doesn't involve the main roads, thankfully. Maybe it will be easier on me to walk that way. We shall see! Take care guys. :)

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I try to get out every day too. I do feel a lot better in myself when I've been for a walk or been swimming.

6. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

I agree.......walking can be very beneficial. I should do it more.:)

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

In agreement, walking is good. I can usually walk for 2 hours at a steady pace. It hellos me straighten my head and health.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I like walking too, it's nice to go out, even if only for a bit each day.

9. I walk and train run everyday. It really lift my mood. Don't stay at home all day staring at the 4 walls - it will make me go mad soon.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I do get out most days but I wouldn't walk far and if I go into the city I would sit in the park. It's not due to being lazy. It's my asthma and I sweat profusely to the point people ask if I am okay and that is embarrassing. I also suffer with abdominal pain. I would love to go out walking though to get fit, I guess baby steps is the way to go but would have to go into the city as I hate this place lol!

I am very glad it is helping you though :)

11. shadowonthewall

shadowonthewall Well-Known Member

Walking is about the only activity of which I partake, since it doesn't require anyone else or to have a lot of money. It can sometimes make me feel better, but I'm usually stewing in my suicidal thoughts and anger almost every waking minute.

12. Sain

Sain Active Member

I cannot walk today. I couldn't even, barely, get out of bed....as many of you go through yourselves. It is hard when those hopeless feelings keep coming back. I don't even think, as gross as it sounds, that I brushed my teeth today. Hopefully this wont' last. Here's hoping.

13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hope you feel more energetic soon! :hug: :)

14. Sain

Sain Active Member

Thanks Lynn. Appreciate it. *hug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.