Was wondering..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ZombiePringle, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Okay my brain is in overdrive today so just a warning I have a lot of questions going through it and it may result in more threads...

Now one thing I was wondering earlier is the longer you go through depression do you think it makes more and more likely that it starts causing other mental disorders? Like for me I've dealt with depression for years... and at first thats all it was. but since it started it has started to branch into other disorders. It started out with OCD (which has gradually gotten worse) then it went into anxiety issues (which also has gotten worse) and a couple others that I think I have started to develop..

Has this happened with anybody else? Or am I just weird? lol.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I think it makes sense that one disorder would lead to another...it is all about the mind, coping skills etc so seems to me that one leads to more...I know my anxiety has greatly increased lately..the depression has caused me to drop the ball on things in life which then cause me anxiety...vicious cycle...
    So you may be weird but not because of this...unless we are both weird which is entirely possible...lol

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

We can start a club!!

4. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it can. Especially if it hits you while still developing.

My massive anxiety that I've lived with since I was about 3 has caused major depression and OCD.

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm sure it can lead to other problems as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.