• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Weird feeling during sleep

I don’t actually know if this is a mental disorder symptom or based on what I have researched on, stress and anxiety might have caused this. I know that this feeling happens during sleep as I realize it happened before I actually woke up. What happened is I felt my body tingle, and feeling heavy as if someone was weighing me down and it felt so easy not to fight it. Also, as I was letting it (whatever it is) hold me down, I start to see a bright light and it is getting brighter and brighter, I thought then that I might be dying so that’s when I fought it and tried to wake up or do something. When I woke up, I was back in my room but still, something was not right. It was like I was awake but my eyes were still closed, I realized I was seeing through my eyelids that’s why the room was a bit dark when I didn’t switch off the light. I tried to open them again and there it was, I was fully awake then. Just kinda scares me because I might have been on the verge of dying but it probably wasn’t as no one really knows what happens before we die. But still, the experience was funny and bizarre.

Did someone have a similar experience?

Anonymous ID

I haven't felt this myself but I think it might be common cause I heard a myth where the heaviness on your chest is caused by a demon sitting on your chest while you sleep. Obviously it's not a demon but it shows other people have felt it. Maybe talk to your doctor about it

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00