Wellbutrin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo

has anyone been on Wellbrutrin before? (brand of generic?)
i was wondering what the most common side affects are because what i've read online has been contradictory to what it says on the packet.
anyone?

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I was on it for a month.. I'm a smoker and it made my smokes tatse terrible.. It also made me feel like I was rotting from the inside out.. I made them take me off of it..Serequel also made me feel the same way..

lachrymose27

was told it only comes into effect in 2-3 weeks but i was feeling any changes. don't know if it caused my depression to worsen, but i decided to stop taking them and i'm feeling better than usual... also maybe because the winter just passed but its still cold

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I am still on wellbutrin and i find that do help me alot they do give me energy something i don't have usually. They do not cause weight gain and the help decrease cravings such as smoking i have had no side effects to them at all

solutions

It beats Zoloft or the other SSRIs, imo.

I had some fucking awful insomnia for a while when I first started it, but it was nothing a ton of Trazodone mixed with Seroquel couldn't fix. Now I can appreciate the fact that Wellbutrin doesn't cause weight gain, and seems to be more effective overall than the other antidepressants I've tried.

VALIS

Lighten your dose if it makes you too nervous. I have trouble sleeping, but I had that before anyways.

Benefit outweighs cost for me. It pulls me out of depression when something sends me downhill. It doesn't take time to build up in your system. Doesn't cause weight gain. Gives me more energy and drive/motivation. Plus it's the kind of thing where you can go on or off it more easily than an SSRI etc.

Mr. E

I like wellbutrin, minimal side effects for me. The most I've ever experienced is loss of appetite and the occasional upset stomach

I started taking it around 7 weeks ago (I was on Celexa [generic: Citalopram], but it wasn't safe during pregnancy so my dr. switched me).

The first week I was on it, my pregnancy mood swings went crazy, I was breaking things and screaming, irritability shot up, I was restless all the time, and my anxiety went through the roof.

After about 6 days, those side effects went away. Now I just feel generally less irritable, but my anxiety is still around (Wellbutrin doesn't treat the anxiety the way the Celexa did).

By the way... you shouldn't base your own decision to take/not take a medicine on others' reactions and side effects of it. The only side effect I experienced with the Celexa was dry mouth, but a friend of mine had all the worst side effects, so she was switched. It's a matter of your physiology and the specific problems you're being treated for.

Mr. Goldstein

has anyone been on Wellbrutrin before? (brand of generic?)
i was wondering what the most common side affects are because what i've read online has been contradictory to what it says on the packet.
anyone?
It made my mind feel extremely shaky, but my body was not shaky. My brain was extremely jittery, but my body was not. I had to stop using it. I tried again in a year and still had the same results.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
wellbutrin i had little or no side effects at all it did give me more energy it did help decrease the depression some i choose it over the other meds out there mine was wellbutrin xr thought extend release.

doityourself

Wellbutrin

Ive taken many, and these are the ones with the least side effects for me. Its easy for me to come on and off of them, unlike others that have me feeling like Im drunk, or give stomach pains when coming off. I think everyone is differant and will have differant side effects to any medications.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00