What about the polar bears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

In a few years, due to global warming, there will be scant ice left in the Arctic. Even now, polar bears are struggling to stay alive, some even resorting to cannibalism because their food source is dwindling. Is this natural? Or is this a result of our unnatural civilization? Should we feed the Taliban to the bears to beef up their population? Should we offer them the cast of High School Musicals 1, 2, and 3 for dessert? Chime in, please.

Actually no, there will still be plenty of ice left in a few years time. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about. Our civilisation is completley natural, because it human nature to be unnatural after all.

I heard that they filmed the polar bears during the summer period, where the ice naturally melts in that area, to make it look like it was worse than it actually was. So much for inconvenient "truth" :rolleyes:

H

HappyAZaClaM

Actually no, there will still be plenty of ice left in a few years time. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about. Our civilisation is completley natural, because it human nature to be unnatural after all.
that one of those Bush-isms we've all been hearing so much about around the water
cooler and whatnot? water cooler..grapevine..same dif...sounded like a Bush-ism :biggrin:

"Without the brains God gave a rock, what is there to distinguish regular old garden variety men from really dumb illiterate men?"

Last edited:

bhawk

people worry so much about the planet its funny, its not even genuine concern its just self preservation, the planet has NEVER been in a stable state, the giaia effect is true i believe and i think the planet will change, enough for us not to survive, but life will survive and the planet will renew itself once its rid itself of us. the planet wont just die, that seems absurd, its gone through worse and it keeps going strong.

F

FoundAndLost1

people worry so much about the planet its funny, its not even genuine concern its just self preservation, the planet has NEVER been in a stable state, the giaia effect is true i believe and i think the planet will change, enough for us not to survive, but life will survive and the planet will renew itself once its rid itself of us. the planet wont just die, that seems absurd, its gone through worse and it keeps going strong.
:biggrin:

Earths already gone through several ice ages and plenty of atmosphere destroying meteor strikes, I think it can survive getting hotter by 5C degrees.

bleach

Ostensibly you're right, humans are natural and by default so is anything we do or create. Some other actions that are perfectly natural to many (most?) people: murder, rape, infanticide, cannibalism, theft... to name just a few. We do it, and so do other creatures, so it has to be natural. But since no human defines ethics by nature alone, you can't justify any kind of behavior with the excuse of it being natural... unless you want to be rightly considered something lower than the rest of us. And certainly you will be treated as such (imprisoned, executed, etc.).

Darken

I think humans are contributing some to this polar bear problem, hunting them etc. I don't think global warming is caused by humans but we contribute to it a tiny bit. It's a natural process and please don't be brain washed by fearmongers.

The main reason polar bears are coming into the mainland, is not because their habitat is shrinking, but because humans habitat is growing to the edges of the polar bears territory. I mean why spend days at a time sitting at a hole in the ice waiting for a seal to pop up, when you can just smash a car window and eat a half eaten hamburger and a chocolate bar :dunno:

Random

The main reason polar bears are coming into the mainland, is not because their habitat is shrinking, but because humans habitat is growing to the edges of the polar bears territory. I mean why spend days at a time sitting at a hole in the ice waiting for a seal to pop up, when you can just smash a car window and eat a half eaten hamburger and a chocolate bar :dunno:
No! Of course their habitat isn't shrinking. I'm sure those bears that were spotted in the water because the ice had melted out from under them were just a figment of our overactive imagination. Now I don't know. I guess polar bears don't move that fast but I never perceived polar ice to be something that just melts out from under you without your having noticed it.

But then, I didn't graduate form GWB University so what do I know?

H

HappyAZaClaM

No! Of course their habitat isn't shrinking. I'm sure those bears that were spotted in the water because the ice had melted out from under them were just a figment of our overactive imagination. Now I don't know. I guess polar bears don't move that fast but I never perceived polar ice to be something that just melts out from under you without your having noticed it.

didn't gradjeate GWB huh? well, put up or die off pinko vietcong
sympathizin one world egg head commie bedwetter!!!

No! Of course their habitat isn't shrinking.
No it isnt. The sun is warm, and it makes ice melt. This happens in the lower regions of the arctic, where the ice is thin enough to melt. When it turns to winter it freezes up again. Just so you know, polar bears are capable of swimming. Theyd be pretty lousy hunters otherwise. Most likley the polar bear was swimming to another section of the ice, this is a completley normal thing for them to have to do, especially in summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Esmeralda

That video was CGI. Even Gore admitted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00