What are some of your weird/quirky habits ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pithrania, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pithrania

pithrania Active Member

I'll start then.

-When I laugh I cry REALLY easily, and sometimes when I laugh really hard I cy so much that I look competely heartbroken and it will go on for about 15 minutes. Actually one time when I was out with my sister and waiting for the bus, I thought something stupid I did was hilarious, so I started crying really hard, and when the bus came the bus driver felt sorry for me because he thought I was crying cause I was sad, so he said I didn't have to pay for the bus :p

-Another thing I do is that I always do this thing with my feet, it's kinda like I'm foot flirting with myself. I do it all the time, without even realising it.
    haha, one time I was watching movie with my friend and I started kinda foot flirting with her without knowing it, and I was like moving my foot up her leg and stuff, I was extremely embarrassed when she finally asked wtf I was doing xd

-When I'm drawing a face or watching a movie where people make faces I make the same face as them without realising it, and then suddenly I find myself with my head tilted and my tounge out of my mouth or something like that. I also tend to make faces when I concentrate.

-When I watch a movie I keep my head tilted to the side.

These are just some that popped up in my head.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I also laugh when i need to cry and i tend to rock a bit while i am sitting just rock away it makes me look a little nuts lol
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i like making animal sounds at random.

especially if someone says hello to me, in sted of hello they usually get a meow, or a woof, or something

amuses me though
  4. emily83

something else i like to do is to make up songs for absolutely everything, or if not songs, give running commentry on every move i'm making

so i sing totally random lyrics.. well, not totally random- they are related to the task at hand, but they are just funny and amusing.

as for the commentry- well i end up, say if i'm eating a meal i'll say... so, i'm just about to put this in my mouth- and it tastes like what ever..
    not sure what started that
  5. emily83

something else i do sometimes, is create a soap opera in my head- where i play all the people... the storylines suck, like... someone fell down a well- who's gonna get them out?. oh wait, they have magic superhuman strength- so no one needs to go save them, actually

but it does help me cope sometimes
  6. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

If someone says something and I've heard a similar line in a song, I sing what they said in that song full throttle and very dramatically ;3
  7. Sparky777

Sparky777 Well-Known Member

Haha laughing must startle people then. I feel like our quirks sort of make us who we are, even if they are small things. I'd say some of my quirks are :

-If I am leaning against a wall I always cross one leg sort of over the other because it helps me balance myself
    -If have this thing where my thumb is double jointed but it's only my thumb and I have the tendency to lock and unlock it when I'm annoyed.
    -This one's a bit weird (As if the other ones weren't) but I can make myself do on-command goosebumps and they help calm me down if I'm stressed, annoyed or angry. It's like my entire body literally cools down and goes down a few degrees.

That's all the ones I can think of right now.
  8. ava321

ava321 Active Member

when i'm eating, if i feel uncomfortable or there's an awkward silence, i rock side to side like i'm dancing and smile.. it's so weird, but it makes me happy and everybody laughs & thinks i'm being cute. i'm known for doing this.

oh, i calm myself down and get rid of my anxiety by doing origami. my job was so stressful and i had to deal with people all day. so when i had a moment, i'd make paper ducks. they're EVERYWHERE. but i swear it relieved my stress by focusing on my hands. and it makes people happy when i'd leave paper animals on their desk (;
  9. emily83

1 i never mentioned is that i talk to my cds... especially to my torie amos ones- and my natalie merchant ones.

yeah it's strange.. but i like to think that the actual person who's singing is trapped inside- and can respond to me!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.