• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

What book are you currently reading?

merlin123

I'm reading a book about animal intelligence and how humans study it:
Nice! I started his Chimpanzee politics but I couldn't finish it due to no free time. I'll remember the one you're reading, it looks super interesting

I am reading (when I have time :() Vindication of the rights of woman by Mary Wollstonecraft, The man who mistook his wife for a hat, by Oliver Sacks, and a book in spanish about primatology made by a group of primatologists from my country

Last edited:

Sunday16

SF Supporter
"To Kill a Mockingbird" Harper Lee
Gifted to me from my niece Harper sweet pea
PBS held a "Great American Read" all summer with 100 beloved books vying for the title of Best Loved Book in America. To Kill a Mockingbird came in at #1. Your niece is a sweetheart for sharing it with you. It's a wonderful book.

I'm currently reading Fear of Flying by Erika Jung

I'm reading a book about animal intelligence and how humans study it:
He was recently at the university were I'm studying and he talked about the intelligence of birds; He actually made some promotion of this book! I will read this book after I finish the book currently I'm reading, which is Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History by Stephen Jay Gould, if you're into fossils I highly recommend it.

Onion_soup

- The Forgotten Revolution by Lucio Russo, recommended by my philosophy professor. It's great and I recommend it to all history geeks out there. It deals with scientific thought and culture during the Hellenistic period, trying to assess it and connect it to the scientific culture of today.
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins. A recommendation by a professor who teaches evolutionary theory at my uni and something I've wanted to read for a long time.
- Poetry 101 by Susan Dalzell. A quick and pleasant read, though I expected it to be more of a "how-to" guide rather than an introduction to poetry in general.
- A load of textbooks on biochemistry, genetics, and cell biology... Really should focus on this.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$125.00
Goal
$255.00