What Did You Say to the Person Who Found You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new here.

Last Tues I OD. It was my first and last (fingers crossed) attempt. Luckily my friend/neighbor stopped by- she doesnt knock, she just walks in. I was out of it. She called 911. I was so bad, they put me on a helicopter.

Anyways, I am very thankful to her. But I also know I scared the crap out of her. I'm sure it was incredibly frightening. I havnt spoke with her since getting out of the hosp.

On that note, what to I say to my other neighbors that came to my aid?

How do I deal with other people/ friends that have found out?

I live in a really small community I feel like everyone knows.

I am glad to be alive but I feel very confused, akward, embarresed, guilty....

How did you deal?

Thanks for your thoughts.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
You tell her you are grateful for her help and that you are feeling better now that you have had treatment and that you are sorry for scaring her You say what is in your heart and hope she understands. I am sure she will. take care i am glad she found you

I think the best you can do is be open and honest with those who know, and ask them to respect your feelings by not telling any one else. Pretty much what you have said here about being glad your still here etc should help as well =)

pinkpetals33

Be very conservative about who you tell and share you feelings with b/c very FEW people can handle it for the long run. In general people are just plain weird, i've lost alot of friends or they just are in denial.

Are you in outpatient care now?

My friends never asked "about it" or ever said the word "suicide." My mother is in denial and noone has been direct about it in my life accept my sibling.

KittyGirl

I've always felt really embarrassed... but I didn't bother to say anything for the times that my mom found me.
I just didn't feel like there was a whole lot to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00