What disorder exactly do I have?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by paul1990, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul1990

paul1990 Active Member

I feel like I can care about people only as long as I see they´re in trouble and could use some help. If not, then I don´t give a damn about their happiness and it´s not like that i don´t wish that for them, I really do wish people are doing OK. I´m just not interested how exactly well they are etc.

The best example would be, that if someone answer my question "How are you?" with "I´m fine." I feel like I have nothing else to tell them and then consequently I keep quiet, speechless, like I´m rude, high and mighty or something.

I´d just like to know to which personality disorder this issue relates. I already know I got Avoidant Personality Disorder, but I don´t know about this another specific problem of mine.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya paul1990. Have you talked over this issue with a pdoc or GP...as a doctor is the only person who can "diagnose" things such as personality disorders. (You might find that it's not a symptom or diagnostic characteristic after all. :dunno:)

From my own experience, I'm a quiet person and find conversation a little hard with new people. Sometimes it takes a bit of effort to ask them about them and find something more to talk about. If you think about it, after someone says, "I'm fine." what more is there to say unless someone asks another question? :smile: I took a course once that pointed out that if you talk to someone asking about them, you'll eventually find a common point, whether it's their hobbies, where they've travelled, went to school, who they know, the sports they like, etc. Maybe ask some questions to find out more about the person - there's usually more going on than the pat social nicety of "I'm fine".

Hope you get some answers - but if you're worried, ask your doctor.
  3. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

Agreed with Acy. In my opinion though, your "symptoms" are not indicative of anything but within the normal range of behavior.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.