What do you guys do for living or hoping to become??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylez

I am presently taking a A+ Certification class to become a Computer Technician....While I'm at it how old are you people

So the answers should go like this:
Am or aspiring to be: a computer technician
and I am: 22 years old

Doesn't have to be like that of course but you get where I'm getting at...

Last edited by a moderator:

Scum

I'm hoping to be some sort of counsellor.

Hoping to apply in April.

I am able to study really easily because I can do that at home (I really struggle to leave the house), but I don't want that to rule my life.

Hopefully being a therapist, if I am still struggling with going out I can do it via the internet.

At the very least, training will give me something to do during the day.

M

MrDepressed

I am hoping to be a psychologist, and if schooling goes well to get into Forensic Psychology.
I am 28 years old.

Nuri

I'm a aspiring Musician; Vocals, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Piano and pretty soon... Drums and Violin.

I'm currently doing Courses in College; Music, Drama, Psychology, Sociology, Astronomy, Maths and English and will be doing so for 2 - 3 years... then I'll be off to University (Cambridge, hopefully...)

I'll hopefully have my own band/solo Musician career after University.

I'm 16 years old and 17 this August.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I've done factory work, clerical, customer service/answering phones, insulating houses, caseworker for the state welfare dept, homemaker/home health aide for the elderly and disabled, and a few other things. Am currently self-employed cleaning house for people. I like my current occupation for several reasons: I am paid a living wage, I like the people whose houses I clean - and they like me, I like cleaning houses as I can see the results when I'm done, I don't cheat or mistreat myself as so many of my other public/private employers did. I work a schedule convenient to me and my customers, I have my evenings and weekends free. I like working for myself cause my customers all love me and appreciate my work, some of them I can hug when I leave! I take pride in my work and even do little 'extras' for some of my people like doing dishes or cleaning up their dog's poop!:rolleyes: The only job in the past that I liked as well was my homemaker/home health aide job - and that gave me some of the same rewards.

What a wonderful and rare thing it is to love one's work! I've only had one other job (health aide) I liked so much. I feel happy with myself when I get home and especially so that my customers trust me in their homes. Some of them leave their door unlocked and I just go in, clean the house, and lock the door when I leave. Their trust and gratitude is a great boost to my sagging self-esteem.

... of course, my own house is a complete wreck cause I"m too tired to clean it when I get home and my two kids are SUPPOSED to do it...:dry: I keep my den clean and the hell with the rest of the place...:rolleyes:

Style

i'm 23, got my business degree in 2005 from a prestigious university, currently i'm working as a marketing manager at a fairly known corporation. i've been toying with the idea of attending art school next year and getting a second bachelor's degree, but this one of art instead of science.

Lady E

I work in a chain fabric and craft store, I make wedding gowns and prom dresses and other formal wear, and I'm pretty much a wedding singer. :blink:

Pécheur

Account Closed
I'm 19, take an extended national diploma in health studies at college (equiv at top grades to 3 majors at grade A) - 18 units over 2 years, finish this May. Work part time in an aquired brain injury unit. Hope to go to university next year to take 2 years foundation degree in paramedic science and then a further year to gain a bachelor of science. 12 week intensive training course to become an Air Ambulance doctor.

Little_me

I'm interested in a lot of stuff including biology, soil science and geography. I'll probably end up as an academic (like everyone in my family)...

I'm currently in high school and work part time as a cashier at a hardware store. I wil be turning 18 next week. After I graduate [which is a few months away!!!] I'm going to get a new job and start college in the fall. I'm going to study accounting and business. I'm hoping to own some type of business someday, but first maybe work as an acountant or a manager of some sort.:mushroom:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00