What have you accomplished today?

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by HappilyEverAfter, Sep 4, 2016.

1. This is a thread where I thought we'd write down whatever we feel that we've accomplished during the day. Could be something small, big or whatever, could be many things or just one thing. Feel free to write whatever you feel like you've accomplished, and you can come back any time adding more things. I'll start:

1. got out of bed
    2. had a serious talk with staff
    3. had a normal conversation with friends
    4. went for a walk

I look forward to seeing what you've accomplished! And remember, it doesn't matter what it is, how big or small or how little or much, what's important is that you feel that it's something good you managed to get done.
    Flying Fox and Aussiefan like this.
  2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Happily, what a wonderful idea for a thread. I have gone ahead and pinned it so it way stay at the top.

My brother is in town. Today we got together. And there was no fight. That's my accomplishment for the day.
    Aussiefan likes this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well I got out of bed, even though I am feeling really depressed. Want to crawl back into it, but I just have to keep fighting.
  4. I'm happy you like it! :)

Today I managed to make lunch and watch a movie till the very end.
  5. Aussiefan

Aussiefan New Member

I second great idea for a thread. Going to force myself to think of some things. I got up, did some headspace meditation, and went to the store.
  6. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Today I accomplished some much needed journaling. I've been putting it off due to a wishy-washy frame of mind, but I finally did it and it feels good to have let out all of my negative emotions, thoughts, worries, fears, and then counter all of that with hopes, dreams, good emotions and ideas for the future.
  7. BlueSquared

BlueSquared Member

I'll 2nd (3rd?) the great idea comments. Today, I sat at the DMV for two hours. I'll have to go back again, but at least it's a start. I had a pretty good meeting with a professor too. I always feel like I never accomplish enough during the day because things take so much longer than I think they're going to. It's nice to remember accomplishments, even if they're small :)
  8. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

Today I went to a temple and prayed to God. The surrounding of the temple is so beautiful with lots of trees and flowers. I sit there for a while enjoying the fresh air and quietness of the place. I feel better.
    SillyOldBear likes this.
  9. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I took the high road and came out on top. Very proud of myself. :)
    Feinmharu and Thauoy like this.
  10. BlueSquared

BlueSquared Member

I cleaned up my apartment a bit. It looks slightly less like a disaster zone now
    Feinmharu likes this.
  11. Depressed Since 1974

Depressed Since 1974 Active Member

I got out of bed, made coffee, and sat in a chair. I want to make lunch and take a shower but that bar might be out of reach today. At least I made it out of bed today.
    Feinmharu likes this.
  12. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Member

Decided I don't ever want to smoke another cigarette again, for as long as my heart beats.

Sick of it and what it's done to my health. I'm done telling myself I need it to deal with stress or agony..

In hopes of a better, healthier life.
    SillyOldBear and Frances M like this.
  13. SillyOldBear

Went to the doctor and to the funeral of a very dear lady who I was privileged to know.
    Frances M likes this.
  14. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Made thai green chicken curry and chicken and sweet corn soup for the freezer also did the dishes as i went
    Went through my photos and chose once i wish to print off
    Frances M likes this.
  15. Depressed Since 1974

Depressed Since 1974 Active Member

The hardest part of my day was waking up and getting out of bed.
    Many people realize that this means the rest of my day should be much easier. It's all downhill from here!
  16. SillyOldBear

Got my shingles shot. Its something old people do.:(
  17. SillyOldBear

Got a little work done on my back fence. Am afraid it will go down in a wind storm if I don't do something. Sure can't afford a new one. There is still more work to do, but progress has been made. Just hope it works.
    calvinandhobbs and Frances M like this.
  18. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Managed to turn in two big assignments on time :p. It always takes longer than expected.
    Frances M likes this.
  19. AngelofPainandMisery

AngelofPainandMisery Fails to communicate effectively

I left the house and didn't sleep the whole day away.
  20. JustCan'tQuit

JustCan'tQuit Well-Known Member

For once in my life, I sidestepped being bullied and manipulated on a job. I saw what was happening before I got caught.

I consulted with the other individuals on the job, and we decided to tackle the problem as a team.

The most senior person has taken control of the job, and the bully-manipulator can no longer do managerial tasks.

The team can now finish the job in a respectful environment. No more abuse, no more being pitted against one other.