what helps x

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by elevatorpass, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elevatorpass

elevatorpass Active Member

this may be a common theme .. or question here...

but.. how do you cope..?? what do you do to get through things??

I imagine this has asked a million times here... but, fresh thoughts.. are always helpful

hugs

stewie

2. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Going on my mac
    chatting on forums
    staying away from my old facebook account
    chatting to people in similar positions
    creative writing
    studying helps
    playing with my dog
    reading books
    going on youtube.

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Singing & playing my guitar / Trying to write short stories / Watching old movies...

4. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

and watching movies helps

but also the obvious things like taking meds avoiding alcohol, not skipping sleep, eating regularly
    learning to relax

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Music, relaxing in the jacuzzi, walks, the internet in general. That's how I cope anyway. :)

6. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

Try and do things that you enjoy, or at least take an interest in.

I've kind of fallen into a horrible pattern - I spend the entire day on the computer browsing here, facebook, goodreads, and so on. What's really taken my time up though is TV shows. I've watched the whole of How I Met Your Mother, Smallville, The Walking Dead, Californication, Big Bang Theory since 2012 november. I am now half way through watching the entire The Simpsons. Though this takes up most of my time, it's not a good thing to do since you get sucked in. I've put on quite a bit of weight :(

But I've also taken an interest in wildlife, and I've started volunteer work, so that's a good thing :)

7. elevatorpass

elevatorpass Active Member

well thanks all so far.. I'm a guiatarist so, I understand Mister :)

I want a jacuzzi :)

snarry.. nothing wrong with TV .. and volunteer work seems an option

hugs all xx I hugely appreciate your responses...

8. mynameisbrian

mynameisbrian Active Member

Things that make me feel like I accomplished something help probably the most.

Picking up trash in my room that has been accumulating for too long, going to the store, taking that shower I should have took the day before, cooking a good meal, lifting weights or riding the stationary bike (wonderful natural anti-depressant).

Things that make me feel like I'm getting out of a rut and not feel like I'm in one. It's easier said than done to do these things, but if I don't work to change things nothing changes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Talk to people from this site, talk to my friends (well mostly my friends are from this site, so yeah), write, draw, watch movies and shows, listen to music, shop, basically anything to get my mind off the bad thoughts and feelings...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.