What is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by clairedelune, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

I think there is just that one thing that keeps on hindering me from being very productive. I feel kind of bitter at everything. I have an attitude problem I never imagined I will be having before. Sometimes, I just tend to lash out on people who don't do anything wrong. Other times, I just find myself being sorry for my own fucking self. I always lack motivation to work. I cannot keep straight thoughts. I am beginning to suffer from depression again? I want to treat myself. I want to take medications or something just to get rid of this dreadful feeling. But is it possible to self-medicate? Can someone diagnose me right now? The stigma for mental disorders in our town is too strong. I do not want anyone to know I'm getting bad at it. I just need help. That's all.
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi. I am so sorry but I do not know of a successful way to self medicate. But thats a lot of pain you are descrribing. I have heard it said many times that the root of anger is pain/hurt. I do believe that. I think that self medication with substances such as alcohol or drugs can make matters much worse. And alternative stuff does not work at the root of anger, as far as I know. I find that different alternative medications can help with depression. But there are SO many different suppliments. And it is so difficult to know which one is right for each persons situation.

I am REALLY sorry to hear that the stigma of mental disorders is so strong where you live. So many people have disorders that are psychological in nature. And they can be helped with understanding and treatment. yet too many people feel like they have to hide away. So they will not be stigmatized. what a sad thing. Here is a TED talk that I found interesting. A guy talking about the stigma of depression. Its a very wise and meaningful talk. FYI, he is speaking in Vancouver. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3yqXeLJ0Kg
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Unfortunately nobody here can diagnose you or tell you what medications to take, because no one here is qualified to do so. What you are describing sounds like depression, but can only be diagnosed by a doctor. You need to speak to your doctor about these feelings, and he/she may suggest some medication for you to help with your symptoms. I would not advise self-medication, as it can be destructive and harmful rather than productive.
  4. MisterBGone

Hey there! It's nice to see you again... I can understand much of what you say--the bitterness, the short-temper, the attitude (though I sincerely doubt you've got a problem per se), the self pity (of this, I am king!), the absence of motivation, the inability to concentrate & c & c. But the truth is this: just because you decide to seek medical treatment, it does not mean that every-one in your town has to know. I'd keep it to myself if I were you. So don't let that be a reason you forego help. Best Wishes! :-D
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

As stated no one needs to know your business and doctor has to keep everything confidential hun so get a prescription for antidepressant if you have depression and get it filled where no one knows you. Get to your doc ok could be medical reasons why your are so unmotivated and down get some blood work done ok hugs
  6. PeterFromUK

PeterFromUK Member

Hi Claire
    I had a stigma and I left my town in Poland. I felt better when I moved out.
  7. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Hi guys. I couldn't take it anymore. I'm trying to be happy. But there are just certain people and situations that prevent me from doing so. I fee imprisoned. All the time. I can't take it anymore. :'(
  8. MisterBGone

Ask for help: here, there, anywhere..:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.