What medication, if any, are you on?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by -brokengirl-, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -brokengirl-

-brokengirl- Well-Known Member

So ive already been on a few different kinds of, most recent was all the dosages of mirtazapine, and just wondered what sort of tablets others are on?
    My docs are changing mine soon and it would be nice to know people's experiences etc with their own.
  2. dvnj22

dvnj22 Well-Known Member

I take lexapro and Xanax.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I have taken several but aside from interest as simply a matter of discussion I would not try to glean a lot of information based on the experiences of others. Everybody reacts differently to different meds - from antibiotics to pain relievers and certainly depression and/or psychiatric meds. I read an article a few months ago about side effects and effectiveness of medications and it had a study where people that read the side effects inserts in a medication were 3x as likely to experience/report negative side effects. I personally will not take without reading it first but it was interesting how the power of expectation changes the effectiveness and side effects of drugs....

When discussing medications remember that how they work for one person may be very different than for another....
  4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

right now I'm on seroquel, efexor, and celexa....i do have a sleeping aid that is also an anti depressant but I don't take it regularly because it's only when needed...it's called trazodone....so far these work for me very well...not perfect but I'm way better with them so...
  5. letty

letty Banned Member

I am on Seroquel, Paxil, Wellbutrin, klonopin
  6. TrentGrad

TrentGrad Well-Known Member

Lithium, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Mirtazapine, Cipralex, Wellbutrin and when I need it, Lorazapam.
  7. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Nozinan, Seroquel, Haldol, Zoloft, Epival, Cogentin, and some medicine for my stomach.
  8. OldGuy

OldGuy Active Member

Lithium and Wellbutrin. Been on Celexa, Prozac, Cymbalta, Rispiradol and Zyprexa in the past
  9. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Lamictal, Vyvanse, Clonidine, Lexapro, Buspar, Gabapentin.

As for what I've tried in the past - all antipsychotics - 1st generation and 2nd generation - except for fanapt, melarril, and clozaril.
    Tetracyclic, Tricyclic, SSRI, SNRI, and NRI antidepressants.
    Lithium. Opiates. Lidocaine. Phenergan, Zofran, Tordol, Prednisone. Probably more I can't remember.
  10. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

The current mix is Effexor and Elavil. Ativan PRN.

Most effective for me was Cymbalta but I had to switch off it. Price is outrageous for that med. Was $140/month.
  11. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

I'm on Cymbalta right now for depression, Geodon to keep Bipolar at bay with me being on the SNRI Cymbalta. It works well for me. Everyone is different when it comes to psych meds. I've tried pretty much every SNRI/SSRI/NDRI out there except Pristiq. It was a long road.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.