What Now..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Gem_Gem, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gem_Gem

Gem_Gem Well-Known Member

I am currently in an eating disorder clinic, as a resident and have been for 2 months now but I am slowly getting leave to go home and the nurses are talking about discharging me but because I am really shy and don't say how I really feel I kinda just go with what ever they say, but I know as soon as I go home I am going to be exactly the same, I had weekend leave and I went home and didn't eat and the two days I was there I spent the entire days exercising. I don't know what to do to be honest, I have a counsellor in the town I live in and I got sent to the clinic to gain weight because I was apparently to skinny to get therapy to deal with other issues, so now the clinic wants to send me home to get counselling for other stuff that has happend in my life but I know thats a really slow process and as soon as I go home I will get back into the routine of not eating and exercising and then end up getting sent back to the clinic to be refed and yeah seems like one big circle. I feel like the two issues need to be worked on at the same time, but it's hard cause I am from another town unlike a lot of the other residents here who are local and so they get therapy here aswel as working on the eating. Duno.

Sorry if this is confusing.

2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

mel, so good to hear from you :hug: can u try writing a letter to the nurses or an email of something, with how you are feeling? its important they are made aware of how you feel. I no it will be hard to inform them, but the matter of the fact that you are aware of these feelings, shows that they may need to be addressed. would it be possible for your counsellor from the other town to visit you at the clinic once a week or something? keep posting, its good to hear from you, i hope things improve soon :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.