What support can i get?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Nathan :), Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan :)

Nathan :) Banned Member

I'm a university student as most of you are aware, i'm struggling alot laterly and it's got to the point where i need to speak up before it badly affects my university work.

I've started new medication it makes me more tired later on in the day and well frankly i'm not sure how i'm gonig to manage the full days of lectures i now have in this semester.

I'm also struggling because some lectures i end up "zoning out" so miss lecture notes that the lecturer is saying which causes me to then stress and get upset because im stuck.

my time management is poor, my motivation is poor
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need to get into a councilor at your school ok t here is supports that can be set up for you. I have them set up for my daughter too. You can get the lectures recorded and listen to them later you can get a note taker to take notes for you if you are struggling Talk to someone now ok do not let it go another day hun There is supports you need to reach out for them now so youcan succeed and not be under so much stress hugs
  3. Nathan :)

Nathan :) Banned Member

I'm getting counselling from professionals and not college ones, i don't feel comfortable seeing the uni ones.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

If this is a new medication, it does take time to adjust...and in any case, please speak to your physician...many people are not compliant to their med regime because of the side effects...there is not magic pill so sometimes med management takes trial and error...please be patient and keep consulting the doc as needed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.