What the Hell?! (Hearing a voice?)

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by KK99, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KK99

KK99 Active Member

So, this has been an ongoing problem for me - not for a really long time, but maybe...for the past year.

I've been hearing a voice - not voices- just one voice. The same male voice. It doesn't sound like a voice I've ever heard before, either. I kind of feel like an isolated incident. :cower:

When I first heard 'him,' I was, of course, worried - but then I kind of dismissed it as an (OCD related) intrusive thought of sorts (even though I've never had intrusive thoughts of that nature.)

But obviously, I was wrong, 'cause I'm here trying to find an answer.

'He' (the voice) likes to make rude comments about people, things I would never say, or even think, about people - especially people I love & care about. Also, if I think of anything pertaining to religion (like, "Thank God for this!") 'he' would spout off something just...obscene.

I usually combat 'him' by thinking 'why would you even say that?' or, 'cut the crap, asshole.' I haven't got a reply..yet...which I hope never happens.

These occurrences have some space in between them, but I'm afraid if this continues, it'll become frequent.

I don't know much about schizophrenia, but I don't think I have that.

Plus, I don't want to bring it up to my counselor, and definitely not my family...yet.

I'm just having trouble thinking of the hows and whys of this...

But I think it might be better to bring it up to them before I consult a psychic or a past life regression therapist. XD

So, does anyone have any idea what this is? Or at least can relate? :(
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I'd have a word with your counsellor about it, might be some suppressed anger issue.
    Wouldn't worry too much it certainly doesn't sound schizophrenic and am assuming you haven't been dabbling in the occult so unlikely to be anything too sinister.
  3. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

4. Alien.Girl

Alien.Girl Member

Hi i have voices too. I have 5 distinctive voices in total and another is forming slowly so i understand how you feel. Please talk to someone you can only get help if you ask for it. If you ever need to chat about voices or anything i am here for you.

Take care
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I hear voices too. I get two distinctive voices. One that sounds almost child like but can say very obscene things. Normally does my head in by constant giggling. This voice is never really that unpleasant, just annoying but it can egg me on to do impulsive things. The second voice is a male voice and he can be quite unpleasant. He mutters things after what people say, usually not nice. When I am feeling down or agitated he says nasty things or deliberately work me up. I didn't really ever have a problem with voices. I used to get the odd one every now and again but after a day or two it would settle. It's become more often now and at present, constant. I would definitely tell your counsellor about the voice. They may be able to help, give you coping mechanisms and maybe help you find a cause to the voices if there is one, like added stress etc.
  6. luYhAgnuJ

luYhAgnuJ Member

looks like quite a few people have auditory hallucinations. it's interesting how common that really is. i'm no exception.

please, talk to a professional counselor or a psycologist or a psychiatrist... not a "psychic" or a "past life regression therapist". don't gamble on your health like that.
  7. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

I hear voices.. I'm on 3 antipsychotics for it, and they usually help. I agree with everyoe else, a psychiatrist is a good idea if you are hearing voices.
  8. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I hear a voice that I hear too, and I've noticed that over time this voice has been more often. I've had this voice around me since I was like ...gee...I think 11. So this 'person' has grown up with me and really it's weird when I don't hear it. It's a female, and 'she' usually says stuff that a close friend would. Though sometimes 'she' says really rude stuff to me about others, stuff that makes me have to bite my tongue to keep from giggling out loud at. Of course there's times that I swear I can see 'her' right next to me, or I get that strange feeling that I've zoned out when hearing 'her.' Part of me is kind of worried, while the other part is used to it now...

In a way I know what you're going through KK99, and I wish you good luck.
  9. KK99

KK99 Active Member

Sorry I didn't reply soon enough. XP

Thanks for replying, people. :3

I'll make sure to talk to my counselor about it.
  10. KK99

KK99 Active Member

I have that same issue, even if the voice says something mean, but true, I can't help but laugh. XD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.