what to do guys?Help me

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Nithin Adarsh, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nithin Adarsh

Nithin Adarsh Banned Member

Hello..I've been feeling intensely depressed for about 5 months..i have very weird symptoms..after eating my brain becomes so dull and I become so depressed idk why it happens..its completely torture!so I'm planning to take a pet scan of my brain.Does anybody have experience with that?If u have pls let me know. :)
  2. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

Why do they want a PET scan? A PET scan is normally a scan of your whole body. There is a MRI, and a Cat Scan, that can be done. But I'm not sure what that will show (unless your planning on doing ECT). Have you spoken to your doctor or just randomly requesting the scan...? Keep in communication with the doctors, and gather a good support system.
  3. Jenumbra

Jenumbra SF Supporter

In addition to your doctor, maybe see an allergist or nutritionist. It's just a guess, wondering if you may be allergic to something. I had an EEG scan done which was compared to a database to see what medications I'd be responsive to and found a psychiatrist which used it to recommend medication. Been on my medication for 6 weeks, definitely improved my anxiety but depression and lack of motivation still here, so might still be a process to find the right meds. Here's the company which coordinates scan, database, and psychiatrists.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.